Irish complilation cdr part 2!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

I wouldn't say so,lost all enthusiasm because of little interest etc from bands.I didn't really have time to pursue it myself properly either. Felt like I really had to pull the songs out of people. I'll pass on what was sent to anyone who feels they have the enthusiasm to do something with it. If the bands don't mind of course.

I wouldn't say so,lost all enthusiasm because of little interest etc from bands.I didn't really have time to pursue it myself properly either. Felt like I really had to pull the songs out of people. I'll pass on what was sent to anyone who feels they have the enthusiasm to do something with it. If the bands don't mind of course.

How many songs/bands have you got so far?

just imagine what it's like doing a zine man.

Ah sure there seems to be loads of new bands popping up at the moment and with the advent of myspace most of them seem to have recordings of some sort.

I reckon with a bit/alot of effort on my part a cd-r could be filled.

Maybe include the bands that are still going from the first one too?

Ah sure there seems to be loads of new bands popping up at the moment and with the advent of myspace most of them seem to have recordings of some sort.

That was pretty much what made me lose interest. Bands having recordings,knowing about the comp,and yet it seemed there was no way to hear the bands. Unless maybe you were friends of them or lived in the same town.
Why do bands not bring copies of recordings to gigs? I don't know how many times i've seen irish bands,who I've been told have a demo at least,and after seeing them play asked them do the have copies with them to be told no. One of the things I hoped the comps would result in was a bit more availability to demos etc.

That was pretty much what made me lose interest. Bands having recordings,knowing about the comp,and yet it seemed there was no way to hear the bands. Unless maybe you were friends of them or lived in the same town.
Why do bands not bring copies of recordings to gigs? I don't know how many times i've seen irish bands,who I've been told have a demo at least,and after seeing them play asked them do the have copies with them to be told no. One of the things I hoped the comps would result in was a bit more availability to demos etc.

I see what you mean. I'd like to do it just to have a collection of the bands on the go in the place. Like a one stop reference so to speak.

I reckon I'll give it a go anyway as it's been about what two or three years since the last one?

I see what you mean. I'd like to do it just to have a collection of the bands on the go in the place. Like a one stop reference so to speak.

I reckon I'll give it a go anyway as it's been about what two or three years since the last one?

Easily.

I reckon same principles alright, defo DIY only. I reckon I can afford to print/burn around 100 myself to get it started.

Not sure about the old cds as they're gonna be a couple of years old at this stage but I'll see how much response I get first. Obviously for this to work I'll have to get a song from enough bands.

When I did it,I did one copy for each band,the cover being a photocopied A4 page meant each band could copy as needed. I then just sold them cheap or traded them as I needed. Hopefully it comes together better/easier than my last aborted atempt.
Anyone who submitted a song for the last one who wants it used on this one should let me know,i'll forward the cd's as I should still have them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back