Ireland - Kazakhstan (1 Viewer)

I would only dearly love to only make comments about players ability on the field. If only we could return to the days of Brian Clough and Fergie when he protected his players at all costs. Frankly Fuck Sky and BBC for turning the game into WWF (the wrestling, although, there have been times when it did resemble the animal kingdom, what with all the assaults and raping) and fuck twitter and fuck all the managers who now feel the need to shoot their mouths off in public about players and the contact they have with them.
Would Bill Shankley have regailled the press with the ins and out of what gets said between himself and the players ? Would he fuck.

*throws pen*

Oh and fuck you too Gibson you fucking childish little cunt.

Oh Yeah and fuck you the FAI and Trap for making every conversation public and learning nothing from the Daddy Dick debacle.

Fuckwits all.

*throws pen*

Oh Yeah and fuck you the FAI and Trap for making every conversation public and learning nothing from the Daddy Dick debacle.

Fuckwits all.

That, young Nutmeg, is what we call the Cattle Rant.

Hunt played on the right for Ireland under Trap, as did Duff (albeit interchangeably), with McGeady on the left.
Why are calling Green a 'fuckwit' by the way? He may not be the most gifted of footballers (and let's note that you're talking about Keith Treacy as an option) but he's always answered the call when it comes and he's never done anything that deserves personal abuse. Same goes for McShane.

ah here, McShame IS a fuckwit.

I would only dearly love to only make comments about players ability on the field. If only we could return to the days of Brian Clough and Fergie when he protected his players at all costs. Frankly Fuck Sky and BBC for turning the game into WWF (the wrestling, although, there have been times when it did resemble the animal kingdom, what with all the assaults and raping) and fuck twitter and fuck all the managers who now feel the need to shoot their mouths off in public about players and the contact they have with them.
Would Bill Shankley have regailled the press with the ins and out of what gets said between himself and the players ? Would he fuck.

*throws pen*

Fuckwits all.

Something stock response something age of Twitter something cliche something

Rep of Ireland (v Kazakhstan): K Westwood; J O’Shea, S St Ledger, D O’Dea, S Ward; Whelan, McCarthy, McGeady, Cox; Walters, Keane.

Looks like Cox is starting on the left wing in a 4-4-2 (unless Trap plans on playing 4-3-3 but that seems unlikely). Cox has looked really good up front for Ireland on the few occasions that he's played and has a great shot on him.

But you'd have to be worried about his defensive capabilities given that Trap's wingers are basically glorified fullbacks.

It just seems like a really bizarre selection given that Coleman and McClean are also in the squad. Even Long would probably be a better bet on the wing than Cox surely?

Oh JESUS. Cox is......he's .......WHY????????????????????????

And here, if we qualify for this world cup, what then? another set of beatings? I can't take this any more!!! We don't have to be shit. WE DON'T!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARAAAAAAAAAAAGRHG UIP u))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))cbmzW>dn p'p24

I used to believe.

Well this match is against Kazakhstan, they wouldnt be one of the hopefuls of qualifying. No matter what team Trap puts out we should beat them, if we don't do so convincingly they'll be no World Cup for us.

For me the campaign will end after one game if we dont win.

Unless things have totally collapsed, we should win, even with the lengthy trip, wonky artificial pitch and Simon Cox on the wing. Kazakhs are outside the top 150 teams in the world, over the last 2 campaigns they've drawn with Austria and pushed Croatia close but they tend to get beaten by a few goals. I would love to see a resounding victory to dispel some of the gloom around the team right now but I think we'll do it by a single goal in typically edgy fashion and the rumblings of discontent will continue.

The rumblings of discontent are what bother me.

All the talk challenging Trap's authority could lead to a situation where we lose a game that should be a guaranteed three points.

It wouldn't be the first time

That article by Emmet Malone in the IT during the week is the kind of shit that worries me. In the sense that it's all the manager's fault now.

If the dressing room is lost, this could be a lost campaign.

That article by Emmet Malone in the IT during the week is the kind of shit that worries me. In the sense that it's all the manager's fault now.

If the dressing room is lost, this could be a lost campaign.

I didn't like that piece at all, some of the entries were real stretches in classing them as rows between Trap and the players and some of the issues weren't Trap's fault at all.

Anyone know what the whole Marc Wilson mistaken identity thing was?

I didn't like that piece at all, some of the entries were real stretches in classing them as rows between Trap and the players and some of the issues weren't Trap's fault at all.

Anyone know what the whole Marc Wilson mistaken identity thing was?

Agreed, didn't like that piece either. It was framed as a dossier of Trap's communication failings but it read more like a list of every player-related media speculation story of the last 4 years. It seems every time Trap decides not to pick a player it amounts to a 'falling out'. The James McCarthy saga was a load of media-fuelled hype over a couple of withdrawals and some comments from the Wigan manager, there was never any evidence of a problem between him and Trapattoni. There are a few cases where there appears to be a genuine problem but blaming Trap for Stephen Ireland not wanting to play or for Given and Duff retiring at the ages of 36 and 33 is hardly fair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back