Ireland - Kazakhstan (2 Viewers)

The word on Twitter from the Ireland training camp is that Keane and Walters will start up front with Simon Cox on the wing for McClean.

This is the second (third?) campaign with this stupid Friday/Tuesday timing. Apparently it gives players better rest for when Saturday comes, or some other bullshit. It's club pressure basically.

This is the second (third?) campaign with this stupid Friday/Tuesday timing. Apparently it gives players better rest for when Saturday comes, or some other bullshit. It's club pressure basically.

I think I heard that before alright.

I hate it, as it means I miss the shagging game.

Kind of nuts to play it at 10pm local time, isn't it?

Would Keane not fucking retire already? He was fucking grim at the Euros. Simon Cox has been playing really well the last month, albeit for Nott. Forest, but if he can knock goals in for that shite then he must be on form. Start him and Walters up front, or Long and Walters.

Have it
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

it does drive me f*ckin mental the way Trapp goes on sometimes, esp after the Euros he said he'd try youth to help with the WC qualifiers yet didnt call up any new players into the squad and left clark (filling in for dunne at villa) out of it.

i feel that that clark who can cover full back, centre back & midfield, wilson (centre back & centre mid), mcclean, mccarthy & gibson who all declared for us having played under age for either eng & ni need to be given their opportunity to show what they can do, all of them are first teamers in the PL (maybe wislon not as much) but that has to be a great sign for the future.

I'd throw u21 centre back duffy in the squad too after opting for us ahead of ni as he may get more squad opportunity with everton.

regarding republic born youth coleman has to be given a run of games either ahead of mcgeady on the wing or kelly/o'shea/foley at right back, who should all be ahead of mcshane.

i think cunningham at left back should be thrown back into the squad too, as i think he is playing regulalry for notts forest now and had played under trapp b4 while he was still at man city. especially if damien delaney gets called up sometimes??!

robbie brady should also be given a chance if its a case that cox does get a chance there ahead of mcclean (wtf?).

i hope that green and andrews dont automatially get in ahead of mccarthy once they back in the fold too. i think maybe with whelan as the defensive mid player mccarthy could florish, as could meyler, going forward dare trapp try it.

i like the idea of long and walters being our first choice up front too.

i think gibson and foley do need to rethink their options here as they will find themselves in stokes/andy & stephen reid country otherwise, the latter of those i would also have in if needed at right back.

finally if trapp called in hoolahan last time gibson was injured, only for himself to cry off why ignore him when he is fit?? Same with Pilkington. Considering fahey is also out along with andrews and useless c*nt green

any agree/disagree here?

It's Joey, he's actually been doing well enough for West Ham. Solid fullback, I remember Stan trying him in midfield which didn't really work. I'm happier to see him in there than I am to see Keogh & McShane yet again.

It's a solid enough squad but now minus Given and Duff it really hits home how little standout quality we really have. Over a third of that squad is playing either in the Championship or the MLS. McGeady is probably the closest thing we have to a star player these days. Really need the likes of McCarthy and Gibson to step up to the mark sooner rather than later. Hope Dunne doesn't decide to throw in the towel too, we need him back.

from my reckoning of the original 23 man squad theres
12 PL - all bar westwood & coleman are regular starters
7 C'ship - Cox, Doyle, McShane, Keogh, Forde & St Ledger
2 MLS - Keane & O'Dea
1 Scotland - Randolph
1 Russia - McGeady

if you factor in Dunne, Andrews, Clark, Hoolahan & Melyer there are 5 more PL players with maybe that guy Pearse from Reading & Pilkington too. Duffy may break into everton too.

Treacy, Fahey & Green (fuckwit) make up more c'ship guys too along with cunningham and brady (both u21)

Outside of those I dont know who else missing.......dare i say Ireland may want to come back after 4-5 years out.

I thought it was something to do with not clashing with other Saturday fixtures in the rest of the leagues. So that people can go see Wycombe versus the Dog and Duck at 3 of a Saturday, rather than sit at home watching Ingerland. Something like that.

It's fair to say, that if trap starts Cox on the left wing, that he's gone mental. Trap loves Cox. Why does he love so much Cox? He doesn't like Long COx, just Keane Cox. In fact, he likes Green Cox.

Trap's mental. But then again, we're missing a salient point here, which is that we're really poor too.

Is it possible we're looking at 4-3-3 here with Cox as the 3rd striker? Wouldn't be against that. Probably 4-4-2 again though. Trap's thing for shoehorning strikers in on the wings is a bit baffling. I'm mostly interested to see how James McCarthy gets on with his first competitive start. Should have good options from the bench anyway, if Long, McClean, Coleman and Doyle are all in reserve.

Is it possible we're looking at 4-3-3 here with Cox as the 3rd striker? Wouldn't be against that. Probably 4-4-2 again though. Trap's thing for shoehorning strikers in on the wings is a bit baffling. I'm mostly interested to see how James McCarthy gets on with his first competitive start. Should have good options from the bench anyway, if Long, McClean, Coleman and Doyle are all in reserve.

im sure he'll have whelan and mccarthy in the middle with cox and mcgeady on the wings or he may try what he did against serbia and have whelan in behind a 4 man midfield with one stiker gettin support from the wings.

either way i think bar injuries goin forward i would like to see westwood, foley, dunne, o'shea, clark, coleman, mccarthy, whelan/wilson/andrews or fahey, mcclean, long & walters

i also wonder why hunt has the got the chop, now that duff is retired. he seems to have gone by the wayside like lawerence did.

only leaves mcclean and treacy as left sided players or cox either i guess.

i also wonder why hunt has the got the chop, now that duff is retired. he seems to have gone by the wayside like lawerence did.

only leaves mcclean and treacy as left sided players or cox either i guess.

Hunt played on the right for Ireland under Trap, as did Duff (albeit interchangeably), with McGeady on the left.
Why are calling Green a 'fuckwit' by the way? He may not be the most gifted of footballers (and let's note that you're talking about Keith Treacy as an option) but he's always answered the call when it comes and he's never done anything that deserves personal abuse. Same goes for McShane.

Why are calling Green a 'fuckwit' by the way? He may not be the most gifted of footballers (and let's note that you're talking about Keith Treacy as an option) but he's always answered the call when it comes and he's never done anything that deserves personal abuse. Same goes for McShane.

You're right lets call them dog shit instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back