Ireland - Kazakhstan (1 Viewer)

At least we're not Welsh (lost 6-1 to Serbia tonight), Scots (lucky to get away with a 1-1 draw at home against Macedonia) or the nordies (hilariously drew 1-1 with Luxembourg at Windsor), eh? 'Home nations' football is at a bit of a low point.

Austria were very unlucky not to get a draw tonight, from what I've read.. not sure whether that means Germany are slightly vulnerable or Austria are to be feared.

I mean Kazakstan may not be utterly disgracefully shite.

We are obviously terrible.

Oh they weren't. Like I said they played the football they loved. hey wanted to pass it, they weren't afraid of the ball. They weren't shite at all really, I mean by their own standards. Which to be fair aren't astronimical. I admired them to be honest.

At least we're not Welsh (lost 6-1 to Serbia tonight), Scots (lucky to get away with a 1-1 draw at home against Macedonia) or the nordies (hilariously drew 1-1 with Luxembourg at Windsor), eh? 'Home nations' football is at a bit of a low point.

Austria were very unlucky not to get a draw tonight, from what I've read.. not sure whether that means Germany are slightly vulnerable or Austria are to be feared.

Local derby though anything can happen. I wouldn't count on Germany being vulnerable but Austria will be very hard to beat and will probably beat us in Vienna. Of course by then we'll already be out Trap will be sacked and Mick McCarthy will be talking about the euros in 2016

Aye, but we showed we're far better than any of that lot when we cruised to victory in that cup thing last year. Can't even remember what it was called, mind you. Let us never start comparing ourselves to them, thank you very much. (Except it's interesting Craig Levein utilises very negative tactics and falls out with players also....)

The Carling Cup. I went to the match against the north. It was embarrassing. I've said it before and I'll say it again, instead of friendlies we should have a serious 6 nations style competition at the end of the season (where there is no world cup or euros) to give managers a chance to see fringe players in a competition enviroment. And while I'm at it why do we never even try to qualify for the Olympics ? We'd have had a decent team this year.

The Carling Cup. I went to the match against the north. It was embarrassing. I've said it before and I'll say it again, instead of friendlies we should have a serious 6 nations style competition at the end of the season (where there is no world cup or euros) to give managers a chance to see fringe players in a competition enviroment. And while I'm at it why do we never even try to qualify for the Olympics ? We'd have had a decent team this year.

I'd imagine it has something to do with the blazers in the FAI and €€€.

You qualify for the Olympics if your Under 21 team gets into the last 4 of the preceeding Euros tournament.. so it's difficult to get there, and our U21 results were shocking up until quite recently (thank Don Givens).

Austria probably weren't allowed to get a draw tonight because Germany would have annexed them if they had

25 minute highlights up on footytube. Seemed that they caused Germany a lot of problems, pressed them high up the pitch and attacked with real pace. they look good going forward and seem to have a shoot on sight policy. On the other hand Germany got the opener and a clumsy penalty from situations where the Austrians high line was a bit ridiculous, about 18 of the 20 outfield players crammed into a 25 yard space just inside the Austrian half. Pity we'll be hoofing it into 2 banks of four instead of threading balls through to pacey wide men. Austria had a nominee for miss of the season with 5 minutes to go.

Schweinstieger didn't play. They don't think he's fit enough yet and gave him the month off to focus on us and Sweden. Fuck sake, we can't get 22 bastards to get on the fucking plane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back