I just heard Arcaide Fire for the first time (1 Viewer)

Sometimes you seem to pride yourself on your lack of knowledge about current music,
whether its shit or not, its not a sin to know these things too in my opinion.

what time are Large Mound due on stage before Mudhoney by the way?

neither do i actually.
nah just when ya said bout how the hell would you know bout AF being on before U2, its not that unthinkable to have read or heard that
and then i think (could be so wrong here) you said there wasnt ANYgood bands on the oxegen bill 2005?

i didnt enjoy oxegen 2005 much but there was several very good new bands there
(magic numbers. death from above 1979, eagles of death metal, brendan benson)

then again i might have made that up, im too lazy to dig through old threads.
my bad if so

I'm far more interested in what time I should get to the village to see the mound, any ideas Anthony?

Lefty Frizzell said:
ive only got misplaced childhood. anything else worth checkin out?

Go straight for the latest album Marbles. Their best in years but as always with Marillion, ignore all singles.

I don't know what time we're on at on Thursday, doors are 8 i think so probably around 8.30. We won't be playing for too long so try not to be late. ;)

snakybus said:
Tony and Willy! Fight back the alleys!

Then the fight suddenly ends as they see each other's Jellyfish teeshirts and do the "secret Jellyfish hand signal"

Snakybus, he speak the truth.
Anthony, as long as we have Jellyfish we can get through this Arcade Fire nonsense because whether you prefer Marillion or Arcade Fire, one thing we can both agree on is that neither are as good as Jellyfish.

Richie said:
No resemblance?.. the whole chiming, widescreen, emotive anthemic thing is extremely U2. The instrumentation may be more interesting but the formula is quite similar. I'm not saying this is a bad thing (I like most of Funeral).

Hmm. ok, well they do both share the anthemic, emotive thing. Hadn't seen that. But if that's the criteria for being like U2, surely you could compare half the world to U2?. I reckon their Harmony, lyrics and song structures are very far from U2, their a lot more unique than most, especially U2. U2 have been stuck in same song formula for years. Could never imagine a band like U2 writing Cold Wind or Tunnels or pretty much anything on Funeral to be honest...
Oh and I wasn't saying you thought they were crap, that was in referance thread starter...

Wilbert said:
Snakybus, he speak the truth.
Anthony, as long as we have Jellyfish we can get through this Arcade Fire nonsense because whether you prefer Marillion or Arcade Fire, one thing we can both agree on is that neither are as good as Jellyfish.

That's the closing line in my movie about music lovers that's set in a mental home. The credits roll as hysterical screaming spreads rapidly through the home to the tune of 'The King Is Half Undressed'

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back