I just heard Arcaide Fire for the first time (3 Viewers)

arcade fire was a band i was prepared to hate, someone copied their album for me and at first i thought ah sure theyre not as bad as i expected, after a few more listens i thought it was pretty good, they put on a relly good gig at electric picnic i thought. prefere the ep to the album though. not going to change the world of music but its okay stuff.

thisgreg said:
arcade fire was a band i was prepared to hate, someone copied their album for me and at first i thought ah sure theyre not as bad as i expected, after a few more listens i thought it was pretty good, they put on a relly good gig at electric picnic i thought. prefere the ep to the album though. not going to change the world of music but its okay stuff.

hmmmm, insightful

Anthony said:
What the fuck are you all going on about. Talk about crap!
Couldn't agree more. Saw them at EP, they started with Born To Run, then went into Love Is A Battlefield, followed by some INXS tune and so on. I call them 80s Mixtape.

yeh well i listened to your torch songs about wantin to be a bird. jesus. get over it. and whats with the waily voice?

Anthony said:
What the fuck are you all going on about. Talk about crap!
haha - someone hadda say it. haven't listened to anything but the single, but i'm guessing there aren't any killer riffs to be had if Anto isn't into it.

thisgreg said:
just sayin' is all. for a fiftty three page analysis on their music and my theories as to why people should listen to arcade fire see my website at www.informationforsarcasticknobs.com

its not working

panelc.jpg

paudge said:
Are ye all into them or wha'? One minute someone is shiteing on about somethin' the next ye are all shitein on

yeah i think they're good. catchy as fuck and good lyrics.

paudge said:
Are ye all into them or wha'? One minute someone is shiteing on about somethin' the next ye are all shitein on

yeah i think they're really good, when their is so much hype about a band they generally turn out to be a disappointment or just plain crap, Arcade fire are one of the few hyped bands around that i'd actually be bothered with.

but enough shitein on:)

I think they're pretty good in a kind of Blue Nile/English rock of the '80s way, even though they're nothing like the Blue Nile. I don't even like the Blue Nile. What am I on about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back