Holy Fucking Christ. (1 Viewer)

moc said:
i think eoin's point is that there wasnt any criticism... hits like a guuurl said he/she hadnt even seen anything by these folk but hated them anyway...

i would venture that their image, manifestos, intentions and writings are just as open for criticism as their artworks.

i'm going to go to this shit tonight
i'll be sure and tell everyone about it tomorrow!!!

i'll probably say 'dude' and 'seriously' a lot

moc said:
ya think?

yeah, of course. the image of the group (not what the individuals choose to wear day-to-day) is a cultivated one. look at the words they use, for instance. its part of the entirity of the group, the "-ism". anyhow, this whole point is becoming a little laboured.

HitsLikeAGirl said:
So by calling me 'wanker' do you mean i'm really sound?

Saying shit like "Well they must be doing somrthing right", duh-duh-duhduh" is too easy.There's a difference between getting upset and throwing down an enjoyable goat-getting argument.

-Babies crying at scenes of war and destruction: That's upsetting.

-Me an whoever else exchanging opinions on things like art and homos: Not upsetting.

right,, the wanker thing was a joke, aimed at defusing your irrational hotheadedness. who's getting upset? you have been sitting here spouting rhetoric - which is all that it is - about this. my original issue with your points stand, they were not supported by and experience of the work at hand, and so inherently flimsy. i was talking to gary today - they approved an article which was later changed, he agrees it was shit. however, he's of the opinion that any publicity is good publicity, which im not sure of, but whatever. a lot of the article (her being minister for whatever) was largely the paper's spin, so the biggest issues remaining seem to be: the substance of the work, their image and style, the imagery and language employed. the first is completely subjective as all art is, their styling has gotten them the attention they set out to achieve, and lastly, yes the imagery/language thing is where i would have reservations about the movement.
they are doing something right, they can't really be in the wrong here unless they start crucifying lambs or something. your argument was goat getting, but only for its complete flimsiness.

eoinbox said:
right,, the wanker thing was a joke, aimed at defusing your irrational hotheadedness. who's getting upset? you have been sitting here spouting rhetoric - which is all that it is - about this. my original issue with your points stand, they were not supported by and experience of the work at hand, and so inherently flimsy. i was talking to gary today - they approved an article which was later changed, he agrees it was shit. however, he's of the opinion that any publicity is good publicity, which im not sure of, but whatever. a lot of the article (her being minister for whatever) was largely the paper's spin, so the biggest issues remaining seem to be: the substance of the work, their image and style, the imagery and language employed. the first is completely subjective as all art is, their styling has gotten them the attention they set out to achieve, and lastly, yes the imagery/language thing is where i would have reservations about the movement.
they are doing something right, they can't really be in the wrong here unless they start crucifying lambs or something. your argument was goat getting, but only for its complete flimsiness.

Pish-posh.

See my last post.

Now dry your eyes and let me buy you a fanta.

Bag'o'cans said:
Coca cola made it for the nasties, fantastisch is gerry for fantastic/great - fanta.

Im not proving anything for you, you nazi scum.

Now give me my rep, Goebbles!

Haha! Apparantly i've given out too much rep in the past 24 hours.

I'm too sound for my own fucking good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back