Holy Fucking Christ. (1 Viewer)

sugar_referee said:
and i wouldnt bother trying to give me some negative rep , because i dont have any rep.

this goes for you

I didn't try to dock ya rep. Just so you know. I very very rarely dock anyone rep.

oh dear me no i wasnt threatening you ( with what would i threaten you )
just anyone who tried to ''e-mess'' with me ,as they say in the states. and only for badness anyway given that ive psted on this forum abig 3 times since i joined.
rep is crep (crap ) . balls i did it again
sorry

sugar_referee said:
oh dear me no i wasnt threatening you ( with what would i threaten you )
just anyone who tried to ''e-mess'' with me ,as they say in the states. and only for badness anyway given that ive psted on this forum abig 3 times since i joined.
rep is crep (crap ) . balls i did it again
sorry

Don't worry about it :D

Welcome to thumped

that was lovely net-iquette.
as they , of course, say in the states.
oh im on it all the time, just too scared to post. not really, but couldnt be holed .
sometimes i just do pressups .thousands of them.instead of posting
cos im a bloody bloke

right, so is there actually an exhibition of theirs on today (wednesday) in liberty hall or not, and if there is, what are the details id be interested in seeing it. it dont say anything on that website of theirs

eoinbox said:
bollocks. fuckin loads. as for the rest of the stuff, yes it provocative and some of its tits, i wouldnt be a part of it myself, i just find it interesting in that theyre doing something inventive, something thats critically valid in the midst of a lot of very mixed art in dublin or ireland. to the best of my knowledge we never had a artistic revolution to speak of, if this is its incarnation, mediatised and solipistic, it at least deserves to be looked at objectively, not just mouthed off about.

I take your earlier point about me over-reacting, buh; i dont know them, so i'm not obliged to care about how my comments affect them or their aquaintances. I still think sombody ordered moron and had it delivered to what they're doing.

As for the above post, What in the hell are your talking about?? There is nothing inventive about a group of prettied up art students pretending to be Viennise art school graduates from the roaring tewnties. Saying somthing is 'critically valid' in the 'midst of a lot of very mixed art' in this country is like saying the pope only washes his knob with holy water; any country with this much creative accomplishment and presence in its society is going to have lots and lots of mixed art because, believe it or not, phiscal worries aside; this country has a fucking top shelf creative enviornment/commuinity within it. It's a great place to be an artist/musician/writer etc. (for now anyway). And it's only my opinion; but we never had an 'artistic revoulution' in this country because we never needed one; such is the high standard of a very broad range of artisistic output here;in art, in music, in literature and the rest. Anyone who states or implies that this country is in need of 'an artistic reveloution' is only taking away from the previous accomplishments of well established irish artists and thusly, as Brian said earlier, being elitist in their attiudes to making good, engageing art that is accessible to everybody.

NOW. I'M LETTING IT GO.

Brian Conniffe said:
as i brought attention to this side of their image, i feel i should explain. the use of the word "fuhrer" (perhaps to be explained away because "its only the german word for leader" in a feign of innocence) carries with it inexcapable and deliberate connotations. to be frank, there is - if not a glorification - at the very least a romantisation of nazi / fascist imagery. this cannot be denied. this use of this imagery is at the very least distasteful and silly, and at most deeply unwholesome.

i too know certain people involved in this group well, and have done for a long time. i have no problem with anyone involved individually or personally. i do have great problems with and reservations regarding this group, this "movement", this "-ism". i would express these opinions with them in person, should the situation arise. since what they are doing is in the public eye, they should be well able to deal with the criticism, especially considering their attempted 'provocative' stance.

my primary issues are that the group is elitist and inherently (and contrary to what they propose) anti-individualistic. regarding the former, they have their own "special code" which only they can understand, for example. regarding the latter, ANY group with a leader, ANY group which calls themselves "-ists" are inherently anti-individualistic. i have seen it all come and go, cults of the individual which are nothing more than the masturbating ego.

So surrealism was a total waste of time then was it??

HitsLikeAGirl said:
I take your earlier point about me over-reacting, buh; i dont know them, so i'm not obliged to care about how my comments affect them or their aquaintances. I still think sombody ordered moron and had it delivered to what they're doing.

As for the above post, What in the hell are your talking about?? There is nothing inventive about a group of prettied up art students pretending to be Viennise art school graduates from the roaring tewnties. Saying somthing is 'critically valid' in the 'midst of a lot of very mixed art' in this country is like saying the pope only washes his knob with holy water; any country with this much creative accomplishment and presence in its society is going to have lots and lots of mixed art because, believe it or not, phiscal worries aside; this country has a fucking top shelf creative enviornment/commuinity within it. It's a great place to be an artist/musician/writer etc. (for now anyway). And it's only my opinion; but we never had an 'artistic revoulution' in this country because we never needed one; such is the high standard of a very broad range of artisistic output here;in art, in music, in literature and the rest. Anyone who states or implies that this country is in need of 'an artistic reveloution' is only taking away from the previous accomplishments of well established irish artists and thusly, as Brian said earlier, being elitist in their attiudes to making good, engageing art that is accessible to everybody.

NOW. I'M LETTING IT GO.

wanker:rolleyes:

yo, eoinbox - yeeesh, is there going to be an exhibition in liberty hall today or wha?
details if you please

eoinbox said:

but saying shit like "I'd rather ram my mahl stick into their white spirits" is just ridiculous. youre railing against gary for calling himself the kunstfuhrer or whatever, but what's an artistic position or stylistic in his case just sounds like stupidfuck intolerence on your part.

So by calling me 'wanker' do you mean i'm really sound?

Saying shit like "Well they must be doing somrthing right", duh-duh-duhduh" is too easy.There's a difference between getting upset and throwing down an enjoyable goat-getting argument.

-Babies crying at scenes of war and destruction: That's upsetting.

-Me an whoever else exchanging opinions on things like art and homos: Not upsetting.

Wavioli said:
basically i think the fact that people are getting worked up about them means they're doing what they set out to do...

Yeah, deffo. I think its great the way art can get people in chat rooms talking about art. Especially in arts & culture sections, more specifically in a thread about what they are talking about. ART!

Art is about 10,000 times better than sports.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back