Holy Fucking Christ. (1 Viewer)

Brian Conniffe said:
yes, BUT: it's a very elitist group, very clique-y. also involvement with it automatically involves subscription to an "-ism": a group mentality (not conducive to the propigation of "individuality") with a definate leader who is refered to as "fuhrer".
plus they look like tits

Wavioli said:
at least theyre trying. thats all i can say - fuck the dublin naysay attitude, I say fair play to them. Make a name for Ireland, thats gotta be a good thing.

Bullshit wavoili, they're not trying. They're making fucking daisey-chains in Christy Moore's back garden and calling each other stormfront usernames. Thats got fuck all to to with good painting.

HitsLikeAGirl said:
Bullshit wavoili, they're not trying. They're making fucking daisey-chains in Christy Moore's back garden and calling each other stormfront usernames. Thats got fuck all to to with good painting.

they're better than you anyway.Sounder too. And your daisy chains are shite.

HitsLikeAGirl said:

usernames?
anyway, neo-fascists making daisy chains in Christy Moore's back garden already earns them an entry in my new art history book. Actually if they were making man-love daisy chains it would be even better.

fuck the knockers (as the onlookers said to the bishop)

HA!:D

c0De_n1NjA said:
they're better than you anyway.Sounder too. And your daisy chains are shite.

You fucking LOVE my daiseychains. Made with real chains shaped into daiseys and strapped snugly round the Grislys.

Lefty Frizzell said:
so where did that phrase come from, 'as the actress said to the bishop?'

and what the fuck is a 'red letter day?'

A Red letter day is any day of special significance.

The term originates with Medieval church calendars. Illuminated manuscripts illuminated manuscript is a manuscript in which the text is supplemented by the addition of decoration or illustration, such as decorated initials, borders and miniatures. In the strictest definition of the term, an illuminated manuscript only refers to manuscripts decorated with gold or silver. However, in both common usage and modern scholarship, the term is now used to refer to any decorated manuscript.
..... Click the link for more information. often marked initial capitals and highlighted words in red ink, known as rubrics rubric is a letter or section of text highlighted in red ink. The term originates in Medieval illuminated manuscripts from the 14th century when red letters were used to highlight initial capitals (particularly of psalms), section headings and names of religious significance, a practice known as rubrication.
..... Click the link for more information. . Similarly on church calendars, saint's days calendar of saints is a traditional Christian method of organising a liturgical year on the level of days by associating each day with a saint, and referring to the day as the saint's day of that saint. This calendar system, when combined with major church festivals and movable and immovable feasts, constructs a very human and personalised yet often localised way of organising the year and identifying dates. It may be compared with the Roman Missal.
..... Click the link for more information. , feasts and other holy days were highlighted in red.

Dont forget to click the fucking link for more information.

HitsLikeAGirl said:

Personally I haven't seen enough of their artwork to defend them, but I dont get why you seem so over the top hateful about them.

I did meet some of them before once or twice, one guy in particular was quite arrogant (in the form of a ridiculous rant about how great he was, it was actually pretty funny) the first time I met him and then the second time quite reserved and actually apologised for the big rant he went on at me.

I heard one of them did a poo on a table in NCAD canteen before. So if you're planning on eating in there, well just dont.

No its shit,fucking wanky pretentious bollocks,not looking forward to spending the next term or so around similar people.That article in the Indo was absolute tripe aswell,read it last night and I wish I could have those five minutes back.
Wavioli said:
at least theyre trying. thats all i can say - fuck the dublin naysay attitude, I say fair play to them. Make a name for Ireland, thats gotta be a good thing.

haha, when I was in college this dude on the left:

noel.jpg
http://www.finelinefeatures.com/frankie/images/noel.jpg

did a 'performance' 'piece' which involved him standing on a pedestal in various places on campus. One of which was interestingly, right outside the ladies loos.

It was something to do with how people reacted to him as a person of challenged stature. (As best I remember, I was laughing a lot) I felt his methodology was slightly astray - after all, a dwarf on a plinth - your mind, she would boggle and your eyes, they would stare. Hardly untainted research.

He also used to hang out with a dude who wore striped leggings and a guy who rode a unicycle.

Wavioli said:
I heard one of them did a poo on a table in NCAD canteen before. So if you're planning on eating in there, well just dont.

Wavioli said:
Personally I haven't seen enough of their artwork to defend them, but I dont get why you seem so over the top hateful about them.

I did meet some of them before once or twice, one guy in particular was quite arrogant (in the form of a ridiculous rant about how great he was, it was actually pretty funny) the first time I met him and then the second time quite reserved and actually apologised for the big rant he went on at me.

Performance art. I love it

You should have shook his left hand while accepting the apology and then cracked his bouquet-loving smellpipe in two with your right.

The article written by that chocolate addicted romantic in the indo started me off, but I'm letting it go. Those panseys can pansey about their pansey-panseys all they like from now on. They'd just better stay away from my gorse-ridden turf bog;or else....
1148.jpg

Also, jahren and jahren ago I was at a party where I got talking to Colm O'Ciosog from MBV and he'd been at NCAD a few years previously. Anyway i was langers like lads and not really paying a huge amount of attention but my ears pricked up at this particular gem:

"so anyway...glued all the chairs and tables in the canteen to the walls and ceiling as a dadaist statement"

me: hahaha, what complete and utter CUNT did that?

Colm O'Ciosog: Me.

Me: oh..

That's the frontline, man!
All right-thinking people are laying cable all over the shop.

(addressing Lefty's brown gold concerns)

kirstie said:
haha, when I was in college this dude on the left:

noel.jpg
http://www.finelinefeatures.com/frankie/images/noel.jpg

did a 'performance' 'piece' which involved him standing on a pedestal in various places on campus. One of which was interestingly, right outside the ladies loos.

It was something to do with how people reacted to him as a person of challenged stature. (As best I remember, I was laughing a lot) I felt his methodology was slightly astray - after all, a dwarf on a plinth - your mind, she would boggle and your eyes, they would stare. Hardly untainted research.

He also used to hang out with a dude who wore striped leggings and a guy who rode a unicycle.

he's the cat who built himself an oversized chair yeah? haha

chickenham said:
That's the frontline, man!
All right-thinking people are laying cable all over the shop.

(addressing Lefty's brown gold concerns)

i like my wires, less, and a saline frontline. I saw a faecal related art piece on the telly recently or was it a bunch of prisoners protestors from reelin in the years? think it was. hard to tell seein as were bebearded twats with shit smeared on all 4 walls around them.

get any new Michael McDonald lps? you got 'if thats what it takes?'He's got soulful, husky pipes that wont quit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back