HOLOCAUST DENIER TO SPEAK IN NUIG!! (1 Viewer)

GUILTY!

I'm just out of a politics lecture and at the start of it the head of the university literary and debating society came in to tell us that internationally renowned scumbag fascist dick and holocaust-denier David Irving has "expressed an interest in speaking at NUIG".

There's a debate next Thursday at 7 o' clock to discuss whether or not he should be allowed to. It will be followed by a secret ballot by all there to decide the matter.

I for one will be in the middle of it suggesting that the only reason he should be allowed anywhere near the place is if we're plannin to kick his head in. If any one else can suggest advice on the matter/make it along to the debate to argue the point/etc etc, I'd be much obliged. I very much suspect I'll be one of the few who'll be of the "no platform" opinion. As you might guess, the place is full of pseudo-liberal free speech types and I'm worried it'll be me against everyone (hopefully some of the angrier SWP types'll back my side, but I'm not counting on it...)

I'm thinking of plastering the campus and city in posters explaining who/what he is as soon as possible in order to get the word out, as most students probably won't have heard about it.

NO FREEDOM OF SPEECH TO THOSE WHO WOULD DENY YOU YOURS!!

Heh...i knew about this before you did. :p
I know the guy who was supposed to be debating against him in UCC and we were just talking about it a few days ago, I think he's going up to Galway for the pre-debate thingy too?

But yeah, total wanker that Irving lad. I got a lot of nice info for ya when i get the time to type it out... more about general stuff than specifically Irving though.

It could be a good thing if he speaks though, it'll lure all of the Celtic Wolves out of their stinky fucking dens to be beaten the shit out of.

Your line at the bottom in bold sums up my sentiments. Doesn't anyone actually want to listen to any of the rubbish that guys comes up with? Am I wrong but surely he has nothing interesting to say no matter what your point of view is?

Ah you gotta love those half brainers liberal types. But it is true, if he speaks it might provide an occasion for people to show their true colours so you'd know who the fascists are.

I get what ye mean about using this as some grand snare to lure out closet fascists, but I still don't think it's worth it for a second. The Celtic Wolves'll probably be scared to show up for one, so at very best we'd have a bunch of bedroom nazi losers who pose no real threat. Irving is, sadly, a good speaker who has the potential to influence the more brain-dead racist type students. But most importantly, letting him speak without at the least giving him a flattened nose for his troubles, would be giving the message to racist/fascist types that it's acceptable to voice this bigotry in the open-sure "freedom of speech and all".

NO FREEDOM OF SPEECH TO THOSE WHO WOULD DENY YOU YOURS!!
Do we have freedom of speech guaranteed in Ireland? Thought that was a Yank thing. Has he advocated stopping anyone else's freedom of speech either?

I would have said "protest a Nazi fuck and make him feel as unwelcome as humanly possible while he goes ahead and speaks" myself.

Well if you look at the debate on Thursday it should be pretty obvious who would be into Irving and who would not. You dont have to let him come to see peoples opinions as they will be on show on thursday anyway

But at the same time Alex it isn't going top be a bunch of boneheads showing up on Thursday and seig heiling, it'll just be the usual lit&deb tossers saying "free speech should be given to those who openly advocate the mass murder of billions of people".

But at the same time Alex it isn't going top be a bunch of boneheads showing up on Thursday and seig heiling, it'll just be the usual lit&deb tossers saying "free speech should be given to those who openly advocate the mass murder of billions of people".
I'm pretty sure they're not going to say that. at all.

here's the thing - David Irving is a total cock.Everything he stands for is shit. I agree with you 100%.

However, free speech applies to everyone wether I like it or not, and not just people who agree with me. If the same censorship was applied to your politics in your college, you'd be rattling on about your right "free speech" then, wouldn't you?

He gets the right to speak, you get the right to break his nose if you so wish. Can't say fairer than that.

He's lost pretty much all the tiny amount of credibility he ever had in the Lipsdat case anyway.

seriously though lads, have anyone actually been to this "auschwitz" place?

yes. it's full of french tourists chattering loudly and people getting smiley photos taken in front of "arbeit macht frei". very strange indeed.

Look, I know well that isn't what they're going to say, I'm not stupid. But it's what will basically be implied by their arguing for giving him the right to speak. And yes I know Irving doesn't openly say this sort of thing either, he's cleverer than that, but holocaust deniers and those who are openly fascist fucking obviously think this.

I understand cesspool the freedom of speech thing, but fascsim is different. I'm not going to go out and jump on someones skull because I listen to a Noam Chomsky talk. Boneheads are liable to do just that when spurred on by Irving or the like. unfortunatley I don't have time to discuss the point anymore now, but sure if I really have to I guess I'll just be contnet with breaking his nose! :)

I agree. That is the thing, nazis prefer to kick your head in (and take some pleasure in it) if you don't agree with them rathern than discuss or argue about it. They are simply not interested in other people's point of view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

M Stevens & The Ghasts + Vega Storm
Wexford Street
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back