Hello (1 Viewer)

You're such a Philosophy noob.
dove-moisturizing-conditioner.jpg

I was felt up 3 of the 4 nights I was working this weekend, by drunk women, against my will.
True story. The exception proves the point, I guess.
Happens every weekend as well, and I don;t like it, and I'm not gay.

jeez, imagine that. you don't like it or want it. and yet it happens unrelentingly. how distressing. how upsetting when it happens to you. boo hoo. why don't you start a support group for everyone to make fun of. should be hilarious.

jeez, imagine that. you don't like it or want it. and yet it happens unrelentingly. how distressing. how upsetting when it happens to you. boo hoo. why don't you start a support group for everyone to make fun of. should be hilarious.

typical. If I were a woman, being felt up by a man, it would be a completely different story. To answer your question, NO, I didn't like it, and NO, I didn't want it. I was trying to do my job, and it was DISTRESSING, as I was being violated and hindered from doing job.
Don't make light of it just because I'm a man, thank you.

i didn't mean to light of your experience, i was pointing out that the same thing happens to women all the time and is made light of. but i said it in a nasty way and i apologise.

I was felt up 3 of the 4 nights I was working this weekend, by drunk women, against my will.
True story. The exception proves the point, I guess.
Happens every weekend as well, and I don;t like it, and I'm not gay.

Being groped is a horrible experience, isn't it? It's fucking demeaning, dehumanising and intrusive. People being drunk is no excuse, and you have a right to feel safe in your workplace. Sorry for being rude now, but were you looking for support, or did you just want to disprove a bunch of shit that's been said on the thread? If you're looking for support and solidarity this is a strange place to do it. (If you want support and advice on how to handle this I'll gladly talk to you about it if you wanna pm me, for real, I understand how crappy it is).

Anyone have a mate who can't let you discuss your experiences without going 'yeah, same thing happened to me... it was terrible I felt really shit and you wouldn't believe blah blah blah' and you're left without feeling like they gave a shit about what happened to you, or wanted to listen to your experiences? Y'know white people who hear about people of other ethnicities being refused services or harassed or whatever, who respond with 'I didn't get into a club once either'? That's mostly what this thread, and many discussions on this stuff is like.

When men start using their own experience or that of some random other bunch of men as a way to disprove that women are discriminated against because of their gender both here and in society at large, it very often presents itself (although is not necessarily intended) as a great big 'Shut Up, you're wrong'.
This is different to men wanting to share their experiences as a means of supporting women and show solidarity with them. That's cool, because if it's happened to you, you'll have a better idea of the shit many women have to put up with on a regular basis.

...because if it's happened to you, you'll have a better idea of the shit many women have to put up with on a regular basis.
Is it not belittling to say that a man getting groped by a drunk woman against his will should be taken as an exercise in empathy?
If a girl got boxed in the face by a randomer on the way home from the pub (which happened to a mate of ours), I'd hardly say to her "Now you know the shit that us fellas have to put up with".

If you stopped looking for holes in my posts, you might find what you're looking for.
Being groped is a horrible experience, isn't it? It's fucking demeaning, dehumanising and intrusive. People being drunk is no excuse, and you have a right to feel safe in your workplace. Sorry for being rude now, but were you looking for support, or did you just want to disprove a bunch of shit that's been said on the thread? If you're looking for support and solidarity this is a strange place to do it. (If you want support and advice on how to handle this I'll gladly talk to you about it if you wanna pm me, for real, I understand how crappy it is).

When men start using their own experience or that of some random other bunch of men as a way to disprove that women are discriminated against because of their gender both here and in society at large, it very often presents itself (although is not necessarily intended) as a great big 'Shut Up, you're wrong'.

Easy there!
I read your whole post, I felt that you ended it on a pessimistic note.
I'm not 'picking holes'.
The last sentence can stand on its own merits regardless of what you wrote before.

you can't directly compare a man getting groped with women being groped. why? because they are completely different. it doesn't have the same meaning. making a direct comparison to try to set up some sort of reverse discrimination is the ultimate reactionary position.

i like how stuart lee put it, albeit in context of race. the principle is the same.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back