Good Cafés (1 Viewer)

Simon's, Brioche, Lilliput, Black Apple, Fumbally would be my top 5 in no particular order. I realise the latter is pricey and uber-hipster but they're sound, conscientious and the produce is top notch.

Hurray for the good ones!

Opposite the Centra, near where there is another cafe

Opposite Centra is The Black Apple, as mentioned by Hermie.
Our friend owns it and although it's a biased opinion, their eggs benedict are wonderful as is their coffee and a lovely cake selection.
Lovely spot

Also, that cafe just up from the Bernard shaw on the opposite side of the road.
They do loads of different teas and they've a lovely bench for sittin and smoking out the back and also a nice little chill out room downstairs for playing chess / havin a sly tug. Usually nice vinyl being played there too

The cafe in Lucan has a waitress who should be in the fillums

their coffee is shit though

so, I'm torn

Where in Lucan?

Our friend owns it and although it's a biased opinion, their eggs benedict are wonderful as is their coffee and a lovely cake selection.
Lovely spot

A few doors up from the black apple towards the shop that sells boxes theres a place called Harold's Fair (or something like that i think). It's kind of a deli/posh food shop/cafe. I dunno how long its there but I just saw it a few weeks ago for the first time

this place is a whisker away from being a hipster filled hellhole that only a harbo could love, but luckilly the locals have adopted it to some extent and are keeping it real yo'.

147 Deli - Deli, Café | Facebook

nice coffee and buns.

Their meatball subs are really excellent. Feel a bit of a ponce walking down Parnell Street with my take out cappuccino and pulled pork bap in a brown bag mind.

Gerrys on Montague Street ain't bad for a no nonsense breakfast. Coffee in a mug. Toast in a basket. Gerry (I assume) reading the paper.

Lovely spot

Also, that cafe just up from the Bernard shaw on the opposite side of the road.
They do loads of different teas and they've a lovely bench for sittin and smoking out the back and also a nice little chill out room downstairs for playing chess / havin a sly tug. Usually nice vinyl being played there too

Where in Lucan?
Main Street ? Near the Oxfam. Do you know her and is she sound?

I always had Simons judged as a hipster haven, am I wrong?

The Beanhive on Dawson street is pretty good, staff are sound, nice coffee and a good spot for watching the world go by. Its only drawback is the small size of the premises.

simons is where yesterdays hipsters, punks, and ageing hippys go to unwind and stick up posters to gigs no-one will ever go to. one of my favourite spots in dublin

I always had Simons judged as a hipster haven, am I wrong?

The Beanhive on Dawson street is pretty good, staff are sound, nice coffee and a good spot for watching the world go by. Its only drawback is the small size of the premises.

simons is where yesterdays hipsters, punks, and ageing hippys go to unwind and stick up posters to gigs no-one will ever go to. one of my favourite spots in dublin

Never been there myself but I remember my wife had to meet an old friend of her's there who is bit of a wannabe hipster and an utter fucking tool. The invite came with the passive aggressive dig of "it might be too quirky for you". My wife's opinion was "Quirky me hole, it was a shit hole full of twats that charged 2 euro for a cup of Nescafe". She probably would have enjoyed it a bit more if it hadn't been for the arseholey invitation that she got off her arsehole friend. They're not really in contact anymore. Because of yr wan being an arsehole

Never been there myself but I remember my wife had to meet an old friend of her's there who is bit of a wannabe hipster and an utter fucking tool. The invite came with the passive aggressive dig of "it might be too quirky for you". My wife's opinion was "Quirky me hole, it was a shit hole full of twats that charged 2 euro for a cup of Nescafe". She probably would have enjoyed it a bit more if it hadn't been for the arseholey invitation that she got off her arsehole friend. They're not really in contact anymore. Because of yr wan being an arsehole

its about as quirky as my left bollock. that friend is clearly a twat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back