Gears of War (1 Viewer)

Special Edition is EUR63 with a loyalty card in Smyths. EUR70 without.

bah picked it up for 75 in Game on the way into work this morning - 75 for the SE, but you get a few quid back (2.50 or something) on your loyalty card....

so far it looks great. too bad i have to wait another 8 hours to play the damn thing.

I picked it up on the way in too, but I brought in my hard drive so I could play it on the Xbox 360 in work. Also brought in Call of Duty 2 and GRAW - gonna make the most of this 13MB leased line and get some multiplayer action.

Last time I pre-order from play. Very tempted to just go down to smyths after work, buy it and then send the play one back.

Artic conditions this weekend so I won't be going out, hmmmmm.

Picked it up myself. In work at the mo, so will have to wait til later to try it. Had it pre-ordered in Gamestop and they matched the HMV price of 58e so I'm happy. I can't be doing with all this limited edition lark, to be honest.

Last time I pre-order from play. Very tempted to just go down to smyths after work, buy it and then send the play one back.

Artic conditions this weekend so I won't be going out, hmmmmm.

Do it.

All is going to plan so far, i'm in my underpants. Now i just gotta fire up the frying pan and 360...

So it's 58 euro in HMV, therfore in the long term I would actually be saving myself 2 euro. It actually makes sense to buy it today from HMV and send the play one back, right? RIGHT?

ah no. tempted alright... only about €450 in japland, but they're not region free for movies or ps2 games....

Are there any good PS3 launch titles? I haven't really been paying much attention to the PS3. Good PS launch titles are rare.

Are there any good PS3 launch titles? I haven't really been paying much attention to the PS3. Good PS launch titles are rare.
ridge racer 9 million i think, same as PS2 & PlayStation. That Resistance yoke too.

i read somewhere there were 5 japanese titles available at launch... that can't be right, can it? probably 2 pachinko, 1 train simulator & the 2 above.

GOW is priced up at 57.99 now in gamestop, so anyone who hasn't got it should check there.

I spoke to Lefty there a while ago, he said it is 'the most intense gaming experience he has ever had', I'll be cracking on with it shortly...

ridge racer 9 million i think, same as PS2 & PlayStation. That Resistance yoke too.

i read somewhere there were 5 japanese titles available at launch... that can't be right, can it? probably 2 pachinko, 1 train simulator & the 2 above.

Ridge Racer 7, Mobile Suit Gundam: Target In Sight, Resistance: Fall of Man, Genji: Days of the Blade, Sega Golf Club.

Resistance has been getting really, really mediocre reviews. Which makes me a little sad :(

Someone did some counting of the Japanese sales. So there were 81,639 PS3s sold in Japan on launch day, and a total of 66,684 games sold. Which means there's 14,955 PS3s out there getting no love, or going straight to eBay.

Anyway - Gears of War.. fucking awesome. Played some multiplayer there a second ago. Best multiplayer shooter I've played. Puts Call of Duty to shame.

i think i'm happier knowing it's short, it'll be nice to actually complete a game
for a change,

Can't wait to play it now, I reckon I'll have a quick go on me own first
and then head online, so if anyone's up for some coop/deathmatching
later tonight/tomorrow :

Gamertag: DaveOR

What PC version? It's a 360 exclusive...

Well I've just completed the training, fucking hell...starting it on hardcore, casual is meant to be too easy. Better get back to it...

warning though dont play on casual its supposed to be too easy. My copy is sitting on my desk with me here!! on late shift though so wont get to play till after 11....bugger.

With the whole ps3 thing i am going to wait. Sony have very little exclusive titles and anything i want is coming out on both platforms. Was really hoping fo big things from resistance but ah well. Oh and the sleeper hit of the year will be Viva Pinata. Everyone thought its a kiddy title but the reviews have been really good!!

I think gears of war is defo the game to show off on my hdtv!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back