Gears of War (2 Viewers)

Not heard anything yet... I've got my ear to the ground on that one too. I haven't pre-ordered it (bit stoopid) so I'm gonna need to do a dash if it comes out early.

I'm gonna call by GAME now and see if i can get some info...

johnny2.jpg

Did the fella at gamestop say how much there were going to charge, or if you needed to pre-order?

Didn't say, but he did mention they haven't even got their batch yet. I'm not too fussed about getting it on launch day, so I don't think I'll pre-order. Too many new games not getting my attention.

That said, I'll be in Gamestop at 9:30 thurs/fri before goin to work, so if it's there I'll grab it. I reckon if you're mad keen to grab it, it'd be best to pre-order, as if someone breaks the release date and it goes on sale when you're tied up in work, you'd be well and truly janer'd.

Well it's out of my hands now as my order is now packing on play. shopto.net started sending out yesterday, promosing next day delivery to the UK and it seems a load of people cancelled their play order and ordered from them. So now play have put orders into 'packing'. whats the bets in stays in packing for a few days.

Doesn't really matter, I won't be getting it till next week, as it always takes at least a week for play orders to get over here. Ah well.

So, Special Edition or not?

Kids on the internet have been saying that the plot of Gears is a bit uh... thin, and the book you get with the special edition is supposed to give a proper back-story to the game.

Ah, instruction manual back-stories. Takes me back.

So, Special Edition or not?

Kids on the internet have been saying that the plot of Gears is a bit uh... thin, and the book you get with the special edition is supposed to give a proper back-story to the game.

Ah, instruction manual back-stories. Takes me back.
the good old days

nothing will ever, EVER beat the amount of shit you got with the US releases of Infocom games.

edit:
The first twelve of Infocom's adventures, prior to 1984, were released in packaging designed specifically for each game, today known as "folios". Starcross, for example, came in a saucer-like plastic box, Suspended in a huge box with a white face mask, or Deadline and Witness in something that resembled a police file.
The old "Folio" packaging of Deadline consisted of a police folder in a pouch containing an Inspector's Casebook, a plastic bag with 3 white pills, interview notes (5 pages), Corpus Delicti (coroner's note), a letter from Coates to Chief of Police, a Police Department offical memo, a lab report, and a photo of the murder scene.

great days

it might take longer to deliver but its region free and on play-asia for 35 euro. save you about 40 squid!

4 euro i think. Their delivery can be slow but instead of paying 80 euro for a game I can get call of duty 3, gears of war and viva pinata for 95!

4 euro i think. Their delivery can be slow but instead of paying 80 euro for a game I can get call of duty 3, gears of war and viva pinata for 95!

Fuck, that's quite the bargain. I might try that with some titles I'm not itching to play right now, but will want to try eventually like Rainbow 6 and Splinter Cell.

just make sure they are region free before ordering. I have a site that lists all region free games i will route it out!

Hmmm I might use that at some point to order viva pinata. For herself obviously. Ahem.

Also John, just seen a message saying a load of the UK GOW limited editions can't be sold as they don't have '18' on the disc. Selling them would be illegal apparently. Seeing as we have the UK 18 on the 360 discs over here you could have a wait on our hands.

Also I'm assuming if you buy jap/yank games you won't be able to trade them in shops here?

just print out the european cover and trade it in....if they are region free no one will notice

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back