Early Dischord Band Hoover Playing in Dec. (1 Viewer)

Stephen

Since 1999
06 December Hoover, Estel, burn it to the ground & apostlesVoodoo Lounge, Dublin - €6.00

The mighty Hoover have reformed and are playing at The Voodoo Lounge on the 6th Dec. 2004.
Hoover were one of the first Dischord bands, playing with and around the same time as Shudder to Think, Three, Jawbox, One Last Wish, Lungfish, Nation of Ulysses, Holy Rollers, Fidelity Jones, Ignition, The High Back Chairs, Severin and Fugazi. . . .
There's a lot of excitement around about this tour, and we should be in for quite a treat . So head on down to The Voodoo Lounge, support the local music scene. and be part of musical history !
Support from Estel (newly rocking line-up), Burn it to the Ground (Scremo madness for the anarchicly inclined) and apostles (new improv. noise) will be worth the six yo's asking price anyday of the week.
For more info on Hoover : http://www.southern.net/southern/tour/HOOVERhttp://www.dischord.com/bands/hoover.shtml

Since 1992, when Hoover began playing, they have put out three 7" singles. The 'Lurid Traversal of Route 7' was recorded with Geoff Turner at WGNS Studios in Bethesda, Maryland. They broke up in 1994 and are now newly reforming with a new record out on slowdime.
After their break up members went on to perform in sevens & The Crownhate Ruin.

Herbert Clark Hoover (1874-1964) the 31st president of the U.S. He organized relief for Europe during and after WWI. As president, though, he lost favour after his failure to alleviate the affects of depression. Route 7...Winchester, Virginia and Bethesda, Maryland.

More info. on Estel: http://www.thumped.com/estel/

They'll also be playing Belfast on the 4th in Pavilion middle bar With support from The Killing Spree and Estel.

And Cork on the 6th. Details TBC

Sorry just cut and pastedededed over from the events page and it went abit wonky, that's probably better. yea?

what's so funny about that phil you fat arse?

good adjectiving stephen! (i just made up a word)

Im not an anarchist.............nor do i play in a screamo band.
Gary is not an anarchist.
As far as i know marklar is not.
Weeler is.

Marklar is very much an anarchist. gary is ambiguous, possible maoist.

now don't be pissy.

yep. and its just "apostles". definite articles are so 2003.

Phil said:
I don't remember. I started calling him that years ago, it caught on and now it's his name.

Legally.
it kinda suits him i think. though he never told me about that name. gonna give him such a slagging

there are 3 sides to Aonghus.

Aonghus - seldom seen these days, sober, intelligent, together.
Dingus - he's had a few cans and he's chatty, not a spot of vomit on his clean shirt
Ringus - he's pretending he has a broken arm so a chinese guy will put his change into his pocket and slapping you with a leather glove..

*sigh*

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back