Did you go to your Debs? (1 Viewer)

plug said:
nope. debs were banned in my school, due to an incident involving someone's boot and some toilet bowls at the last debs. :D

Same in my school. The head prefect of the class of 1986 had been killed in a car crash on his way to collect his tux so the principal banned them forever more.

Got invited to one the same year I did my Leaving (1989). Blind date. The girl was terribly boring. Just got drunk and at the end of the night I persuaded her parents (who were collecting us and supposed to drop me home) to drive me to a party where I was supposed to DJ - this party was six miles in the opposite direction over bad roads. I jumped out of the car and mumbled a drunken 'thanks'.

Got asked to do a short DJ slot at a local debs in 1992 - last minute job. Played a couple of Bodycount tracks ['Body Count' and 'Cop Killer'] much to the disgust of the nuns/teachers who ordered me off the decks.

Roisin said:
I got asked to one but didnt go, I wouldnt have known any one I wouldnt have known how to carry myself or anything. And knowing my luck id drink to much and puke on the guy that asked me.

would you consider spending the next mid term break at the Good Shepherd Finishing School? also consider Irresistable To Men and Charleston School Of Protocol.

i didnt go to mine either even though my favorite midlands punk band were playing at it. i'd have had to ask a girl...:eek:

Ciaran Mackle said:
Meaning nobody will ask you to go? :p
Sure I could go stag and sex up all the other girls/boyfriends. But in reality, I wouldn't touch them with a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole...

trianglegrrrl said:
Sure I could go stag and sex up all the other girls/boyfriends. But in reality, I wouldn't touch them with a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole...

YOu just wish I went to your school Michelle so you could ask me :)

righteous harmony said:
went to mine but nobody would go with me. went anyway and wore my ill-fitting teddyboy suit. got booze, had a great time...
fucking wankerz

went to prague instead. exgirlfriend whod asked me ended up going with a gay friend.
like a bloody sitcom, it was
and im fucking glad i never went the 58 year old 4ft 9 french teacher who looked like podge and/or rodge got her cunt out halfway through the night

Ciaran Mackle said:
YOu just wish I went to your school Michelle so you could ask me :)
Yeah! but my school is all girls... you'd never fit in with a mickey joe hart. So Ciaran if i'm still turned off by the state a wickla fellas you may certainly come to my debs. :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:x1000

trianglegrrrl said:
Yeah! but my school is all girls... you'd never fit in with a mickey joe hart. So Ciaran if i'm still turned off by the state a wickla fellas you may certainly come to my debs. :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:x1000

You love me :D

right through secondry school i thought disco and 'grad' things were apppaling to go to and never went to them. some silly popular girls organized one at the school but i just ignored them and they didn't tell me anyway. i don't know if any of my few friends in the class went . really at that stage you been looking foward to get away from school idiots for so long and you've got the weight of the real world to worry about.

I went to mine with my then-girlfriend. It was pretty crap, all I remember was that it was in Killiney and the food was shite. We had a good night though.
A year later I went to hers, it was a decent night out I suppose.

I went to two with the same person. Both decent enough but I mean uneventful enough. They stopped allowing booze at some point as well. Also I'm really much better at getting bolloxed these days. I was so young then!

one of my best mates left his suit in a SPAR behind the counter (he knew some dude who worked there at the time) cos he had work the next day. he collected it after work and left it back to Black Tie. Black Tie rung him up and said his suit was, eh, soiled and no longer useable. I went down with him to see it and he was like - "I didn't fucking soil it, give us a look" and the store dude was all "I can't its out the back in the rubbish". Eventually we got to see the tux, which he wouldn't open in the store only outside. Too right, someone had taken a massive shit in the tux, and not in the shit-yourself way, but in the sabotage-tux-by-dropping-huge-shit-biscuit-on-it way. Fucking hilarious! I don't think he even payed them the 80 bills.

I had a great time at mine, possibly as a result of escapage from sheltered upbringing. I managed to score two different girlies. Ah yes, quoth I, this is my introduction to real life...little did I know twas all downhill from there...

I went to mine....what a waste of money.....if I had taken the money for the dress, accessories, tickets, drinks, etc. and just gone out I would have had a mad laugh, instead I was stuck in a room full of people, the majority of whom wreck my head, for an entire night. Fun.

ours was way back in 1990...when girls wore merangue style ball gowns, blokes had mullets, you got chicken in a basket, a covers band who were basically leary oul fellas with guitars, a dj who played wedding style muck... and no bar. we were kicked out of the hotel at 13:00 and bussed into town where we stumbled about for hours in icy weather - there were bust ups, and binge drinking, druggin' and fightin', there was even an attempted suicide; but i'd a memorable evening and look back on it all fondly as my time in the sun ...maybe i'll write about it all some day.

anyway always choose your partner wisely

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back