Det.riot '67 (new Moodymann) (1 Viewer)

I'm baffled by the negative talk of this album. Admittedly I've only heard a few tracks but they all grabbed me straight away. Black Mahogony was a bit of a grower for me, as far as I remember.
i dunno like, its just quite different to what you'd expect going on his previous stuff. i still dont really get the hype around the freaky mf tune. some of his stuff just takes a while to get in to. first track i heard by him was shades of jae and it completely put me off. all i could think is would you just hurry up and get to the breakdown - no patience! mad about it now though

The new album is certainly different. All I can say about the hype around Freaky MF, is that I get it. Hello 2Morro or whatever is just superb too.

I think Shades of Jae is so out there, it's like three different tracks at once. Love it too.

The new album is certainly different. All I can say about the hype around Freaky MF, is that I get it. Hello 2Morro or whatever is just superb too.

I think Shades of Jae is so out there, it's like three different tracks at once. Love it too.

ya, hello 2morrow is closer to the older stuff. its got that moodymann funk :)

yup. i wonder is there any chance of him playing these parts anytime soon. (bodytonic?)
I missed the Sugar Club gig (stupid sister's stupid 30th birthday party) so the only time I saw him play was a Dj set at the Spiegel Tent. On paper it should have been shit - dj playing records to a 1/4 full room, behind a screen, talking between records. Somehow it seemed great. He was playing deadly tunes and even with the screen, felt more intimate than any other dj set I've ever seen. Richard Dorfmeister afterwards was shit though. Reeeeeeeeaaaaallll shit.

Go on, Bodytonic, bring him over.

I'm feeling it

Big time feeling it. I love the sound bites on Untitled:

"I didn't live next door to no doctors or lawyers, I lived next door to pimps and dope dealers. When I sit on the porch and come out I don't see no briefcase, i see a guy come out with two, three girls man with some diamonds and a flashy suit and a big pretty car, that was my role model."

Big time feeling it. I love the sound bites on Untitled:

"I didn't live next door to no doctors or lawyers, I lived next door to pimps and dope dealers. When I sit on the porch and come out I don't see no briefcase, i see a guy come out with two, three girls man with some diamonds and a flashy suit and a big pretty car, that was my role model."
A month is a long time

Isn't there some other music forum you can piss off to with your techno shite?

!baggyyyy!baggyyyy!baggyyyy!baggyyyy!baggyyyy

See you all at Creamfields yeah?

Yep, poster and all. Think I might put him in the gay horn thread, up there with Diarmuid Galvin.

Still not feeling the album?

diarmuid gavin, the gardener fella who looks like tom dunne? nooooo!
the album has been growing on me since i picked up the 12" a few weeks ago. it's pretty savage in fairness. can't wait for the new one as well.

diarmuid gavin, the gardener fella who looks like tom dunne? nooooo!
the album has been growing on me since i picked up the 12" a few weeks ago. it's pretty savage in fairness. can't wait for the new one as well.
That's the one. Phwoar.

I knew you'd see sense with that. His stuff is nearly always slow burning and I think there's a bit of a direction change with Det'riot. It's one of my favourite records at the moment. Excited about the new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

M Stevens & The Ghasts + Vega Storm
Wexford Street
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back