Det.riot '67 (new Moodymann) (1 Viewer)

downloaded it recently, not into it at all at all on first listen. where are all the (good) deep house vibes gone... been listening to mahogany brown loads recently, loves it. his newish remix of that sascha dive track is good enough, depending on how much cheese you like with your deep house :)

downloaded it recently, not into it at all at all on first listen. where are all the (good) deep house vibes gone... been listening to mahogany brown loads recently, loves it. his newish remix of that sascha dive track is good enough, depending on how much cheese you like with your deep house :)

yea- listened to mahogany brown 3 times in a row over the weekend. quality stuff. love the movie dialogue in the last few songs.

have listened to parts of Det.riot but havent been feeling it. must give it a proper listen soon....

yea- listened to mahogany brown 3 times in a row over the weekend. quality stuff. love the movie dialogue in the last few songs.

have listened to parts of Det.riot but havent been feeling it. must give it a proper listen soon....

ya, the dialogue bits in radio are cool as well. det.riot seems to have too much of that, and too little music for my liking. m.e.a.n.d.n.j.b. off mahogany brown is some choon, listened to it to death at this stage

I liked the sound of the pre-view clips I've heard, they seemed a bit more wiggy then deep (if you know what i mean). I think I'm going to buy it.

re Mahogony Brown, is that the Album you're taking about or the 12" of Black Mahogony?

http://www.discogs.com/Moodymann-Black-Mahogany/release/3282

That 12 is one of my all time favs. Its been a long time since I heard that ablum, from memory the version of Black Mahogany on the 12 is much better, no?

I heard the original that he sampled once. It was by some German disco guy, can't remenber the name. It sounded just as good as the Kenny Dixon record to me, only a bit cleaner.

I liked the sound of the pre-view clips I've heard, they seemed a bit more wiggy then deep (if you know what i mean). I think I'm going to buy it.

re Mahogony Brown, is that the Album you're taking about or the 12" of Black Mahogony?

http://www.discogs.com/Moodymann-Black-Mahogany/release/3282

That 12 is one of my all time favs. Its been a long time since I heard that ablum, from memory the version of Black Mahogany on the 12 is much better, no?

I heard the original that he sampled once. It was by some German disco guy, can't remenber the name. It sounded just as good as the Kenny Dixon record to me, only a bit cleaner.

album. but yea- his 12" are nearly always better, basically extended versions of the album cuts. having said that, what makes mahogany brown a great album is that it flows really well, no breaks between tracks, just one long groove...

Listening to Freaky Motherfucker off the new album in a mix at the moment. I think it's really great. Less housey than I'm used to but good none the less. Never heard anything like it actually. Think I'll ignore all yous and buy the album.

I'm listening to this on a complete off the cuff download based onthis thread (yes I'm that bored) and I can see how this can be seen as good but this ain't good to me.. Nothing to it, there's no meat in the tracks. I love a lot of minimal techo but can't get into minimal house (or microhouse or whatever it is) at all..

The sample are amazing though.

I'm listening to this on a complete off the cuff download based onthis thread (yes I'm that bored) and I can see how this can be seen as good but this ain't good to me.. Nothing to it, there's no meat in the tracks. I love a lot of minimal techo but can't get into minimal house (or microhouse or whatever it is) at all..

jesus christ, someone from eirecore in this thread!! just messing :p download mahogany brown (album) and have a listen off that instead.

Based on the comments on this thread, Detriot may not be the best Moodymann record to start off on. His stuff is slow burning at the best of times, if you're still curious maybe try some of his earlier material (the previous album, Black Mahogony, is excellent).

With regards to your comments on minimal house, I'd say Moodymann is quite distant from that scene. The likes of Akufen bores the tits off me too.

On the other hand, maybe Moodymann just isn't for you.

Listening to Freaky Motherfucker off the new album in a mix at the moment. I think it's really great. Less housey than I'm used to but good none the less. Never heard anything like it actually. Think I'll ignore all yous and buy the album.
I'd like to wthdraw my previous comment on Freaky Motherfucker (see above). I've given it a few more listens and I don't think good does it justice. I think it's one of my favourite tracks of his. Filthy.

With regards to your comments on minimal house, I'd say Moodymann is quite distant from that scene. The likes of Akufen bores the tits off me too.

On the other hand, maybe Moodymann just isn't for you.

ya, definitely wouldnt be filing moodymann under minimal house. i got obsessed with that lowtec workshop 6 thing a while back. thats some pretty good minimal deep house, particularly the A side and the first track on the B side. sublime. also lerosa is worth checking out. have a look for a track called demon. class.

edit: or else just grab the other moodymann stuff mentioned. its daycint

I'd like to wthdraw my previous comment on Freaky Motherfucker (see above). I've given it a few more listens and I don't think good does it justice. I think it's one of my favourite tracks of his. Filthy.

what album is that track on? heard it on youtube a while ago and really liked it, but never really followed up on it.

It's off the new album. Haven't been able to find it on Youtube.
cool..must hunt it down. whole album worth downloading you reckon
or is that the best track on it?
the video i'm thinking of was him playing it live if memory serves, i'll
have a look for it now.

cool..must hunt it down. whole album worth downloading you reckon
or is that the best track on it?
the video i'm thinking of was him playing it live if memory serves, i'll
have a look for it now.
I've only heard that one track but I'll pick up the album on pay day and let you know.

yeah, this is the one. really need to get my hands on the album version
after hearing it again. absolutely brilliant track.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back