BUILD YOUR OWN DRONE (1 Viewer)

theoootini

Website
www.soundcloud.com
looks/sounds pretty deadly.

Oscillator bank.
De-tune and fade the volume of four oscillators to create rich drones.
Audio input
Add external signals into your drone or use the Lab’s filters and distortion as an FX processor.
Low pass filter
Modify the tone of the oscillator bank and input signal before it goes into the distortion.
Distortion
Adding distortion brings out the phasing rhythm between two or more tones.
Band pass filters
Two slightly resonant band pass filters can be adjusted to drastically alter the tonal character of your sound. Achieve wah-wah and phaser sounds as well as creating classic analog synth filter effects.
Tremolo bank
Add movement to drones and create interlinked pulses and complex sequences. Sync the master tremolo clock to a limitless number of other drone labs to create a rhythmically linked drone orchestra. Alternate clock sources may be used such as modular synth clocks, drum machines, piezo triggers and simple DIY clocks such as the 555 timer.
Battery or wall power
The Drone Lab draws very little power and will work for days straight on a single battery. In the event the you don’t have a battery it can also be powered using a standard 9 VDC wall wort power supply.
Add your own circuits!
It may be small, but a proto area has been added to the board to allow for simple circuit addition. We’ve got oodles of ideas that we’ll post as the project goes on. Hopefully others will contribute their ideas and designs as well.

he'll be selling the pcbs shortly.

not one of these then?
drone.jpg

i was looking at that last night. looks pretty good. particularly interested in the audio input and filters etc.

although, as per usual, my lack of electronics skills will probably mean i wont be getting one.

Wow, I'll definately be keeping my eye out for that!!! Always wondered why there aren't more little synth type kits. The only ones I can think of actually are the MFOS Sound Lab or WSG ones.

If you just go moooooooowahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhbbbbuuuuuuuuoawhhhhhhaahhhhdddhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhagaggaggaahhh

In to a beans tin it sounds the same

Cool. This looks like one worth getting for sure.
Will you make sure to bump the thread when the kit is available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back