BUILD YOUR OWN DRONE (3 Viewers)

yeah, being a kit and all you'd expect it to be not too much. Although, when I think about it, I've gladly paid a few bob for guitar pedal kits and the drone synth would have a load more pots, parts, larger pcb etc so maybe it's reasonable enough, if not exactly the bargain we expected.

I do think some of these diy electronics fellas have lost the run of themselves. The Gristlizer pcb released recently was $50 too and wouldn't be nearly as complicated as the synth from what I can see. Madness.

jesus the fully built and tested one for $350 doesn't even come with any housing. WTF!?!?!?

Think I'll build me cacophonator and stick with that for a while

he has released the circuit diagram. i suppose we could diy it, except i don't really fancy the inevitable failure...
DroneLab2.JPG

I defo would. Let us know if youre going ahead with it.

I wonder how much construction is involved in this sort of thing though. I have pretty much no experience. I'm a bit scared...

Just a thought, but if we could work out stripboard layouts for the individual parts in the above schematics, we could all make pretty nifty modular synths. Justsayin.

Just a thought, but if we could work out stripboard layouts for the individual parts in the above schematics, we could all make pretty nifty modular synths. Justsayin.

I've been having similar thoughts I can do perfboard layout from schematics but haven't tried a stripboard layout yet, can't be too hard for what's there.

If not I'd probably be up for a group buy at some point.

I've been having similar thoughts I can do perfboard layout from schematics but haven't tried a stripboard layout yet, can't be too hard for what's there.

If not I'd probably be up for a group buy at some point.

Stripboard is easier to replicate if you plan it well. A lot sturdier too.
Anyone checked the parts list? Are they easy to source?

you'd at least wanna be familiar with basic schematic reading, knowledge of components, and importantly, be ok using a soldering iron. If a tool like me can do it though you should be grand

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back