Breakcore, Electronica, Punk, Ska ..... Poetry. Leechrum fest 2005. (2 Viewers)

mamul said:
i looked at the website last week at i'm pretty sure i saw mogwai listed. i can't see it now. is my mind playing tricks or wha?
They're a Dublin band, not the scottish one, with a name that caused some, mmm, lets say "complications". Had to be removed from the site and posters.
giveadogabone said:
is there buses in that direction?
cant drive meself. i only have a dog licence.
There's a private bus service that runs between Galway and Drumshambo, the nearest town, its a student type service, got it a few times. I'll find out the name from some friends in Galway, get back to you on Monday.

Bag'o'cans said:
And now for something completely different
Leechrum fest july 30-31 2005(bank holiday)
2 (3) Days of Breakcore, Electronica, Punk, Ska ..... Poetry, in the land of the fairies, leitrim, on 20 acres overlooking lough Allen.

http://www.leechrum.com/

Previous content, parties, photos, links etc will be returning to the website shortly (done in a rush). Previous parties include, Leechrum fest 2004, Cylob in a barn in leitrim, breakcore, industrial, electronica etc in Glenart castle.
.|..| .|..| .|..| :heart: :cool: etcetera

hey bag'o, you involved in organising this or just spreading the word?
think i might try make it upto this seemin theres gonna be no partys around here for next2 months or so. are tickets gonna sell out do ya reakon?

Bag'o'cans said:
They're a Dublin band, not the scottish one, with a name that caused some, mmm, lets say "complications". Had to be removed from the site and posters.
wasn't it just a teeny bit dumb assed of them to call themselves mogwai in the first place? maybe they should change their name. to something that doesn't already exist ;)

hanley said:
hey bag'o, you involved in organising this or just spreading the word?
think i might try make it upto this seemin theres gonna be no partys around here for next2 months or so. are tickets gonna sell out do ya reakon?
I'm assistant secretary to the junior vice president of Leechrumcorp©, if i play my cards right someday i'll get to carry the records. I'm not actually organising any of the music, friends are doing that, just had to do the website (it was done in a rush), update website, do some posters etc, little bits, keep thumptania informed.
Dunno about tickets selling out, going fast, it would be appreciated if people bought tickets beforehand i'd say.

BTW If anyone is lookin to make a full wekend out of it there should be some serious Irish trad in Riverstown, Co Sligo on the Friday night and it's free too.

www.morrison.ie

giveadogabone said:
cool:)
so is drumshanbo nearby the field that the festival is on in?:confused:
this should be gr8:D
.|..|
Ya, about 25 mins walk from the town (or 1 hour if carrying slab of beer drunk under scorching sun, ah the memories), i believe taxis may have arrived in leitrim aswell. Its at a new site though this year, haven't been at it myself yet, think its over the hill the from lastyear, or inside the hill :confused: , dunno, eh in the vicinity of the usual spot.

So will there be brass and all skanky ska? I think i'm going to this. Carn't wait, i've never been in Leitrum before. Ooooooooh i'm so excited. So if you see a big stumbling mess of a specky chap with whiskey and vodka go leor, 'tis probably me, so say "hello".

The Scientician said:
So will there be brass and all skanky ska? I think i'm going to this. Carn't wait, i've never been in Leitrum before. Ooooooooh i'm so excited. So if you see a big stumbling mess of a specky chap with whiskey and vodka go leor, 'tis probably me, so say "hello".
There'll be a peppering of brass, but if you're on the whiskey and vodka you can just wear your earphones and pretend.
I'll be the skinny mess of a guy on his back in the stream threatening to burn people.
So whose going?

For a minute there I thought that was hunmour to rival Brenden Grace, but then it dawned - there are roads out of Dublin! Seriously? Wow shit, I would have never thought. Now do you know if there are any buses that use these roads to get people to or near this festival? Cos you see I looked on the net and couldn't find any which led me to think that Dublin was an isolated land mass dependent upon trains. So when someone with a greater grasp of geography than me mentioned a stop near the festival I found this out:

There's trains leaving Dublin Connolly to Sligo Dromod on Saturday at 0830, 1335, 1705, 1815.

Theys seem to take about two hours each. Any ideas on what time the festival be kicking off at on Saturday?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back