Breakcore, Electronica, Punk, Ska ..... Poetry. Leechrum fest 2005. (2 Viewers)

Break Neck Speed said:
it was still one of the best weekends ever but it was very shit for any band who had to travel from dublin, cork etc. we only came from galway so we didnt really care but captain insano came from cork and didnt get to play a single note. total bummer!

dude you were absolutely monged when i met you on saturday night:D :D

Bag'o'cans said:
Why do galway people use the words "monged", "grim" and "random" so much?:confused: Are they printed on the bottom of buckfast bottles?

the use of the word "grim" can be attributed to igor - he introduced that word to the west.

never heard the word "random" in galway. only "randomer".

and i thought i was using the word "monged" in its correct (in)capacity - to describe someone whose taken four "yokes" and drank "shitloads" of beer?

"bigtime":)

tent.jpg

who stole the stage?

They just seem to appear more abundantly in my galway friends vocabularies than anywhere else. I always get the feeling everyone lives in one big shed.
Same goes for cork.
Wespekt.

Bag'o'cans said:
Stage? dunno, is all the equipment not on the stage!

there was like a sheet of plywood infront of where the speakers are on saturday night - maybe it was used as fuel to cook some pro-palestine falafels or some humanitarain hummous burgers?

Yeah, quite a sight to behold after finding a camera while gourded out of it, and flicking through the pics to see if i recognised anyone. We got it back to the owner eventually, and they were all 'yeah thanks a million, you're a lifesaver. Um, you didnt look through the pictures did you?' haha

Bag'o'cans said:
Why do galway people use the words "monged", "grim" and "random" so much?:confused: Are they printed on the bottom of buckfast bottles?

yea, they're always writing random shit on the bottom of buckfast bottles for people to get monged on which is pretty grim if you ask me...

Galway has the highest consumption of buckfast per capita next to Glasgow

I heard on the radio the other day that it has the highest? Proud to say that, in my eight months here, i've never touched the stuff. I do say monged occasionally and "same as that".

ReadySteadyJedi said:
I heard on the radio the other day that it has the highest? Proud to say that, in my eight months here, i've never touched the stuff. I do say monged occasionally and "same as that".

Next in the Buckfast line has to be Ballina and Ballina folk who have citified themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back