bnp coming to Ireland (1 Viewer)

no_exit said:
i can only help but wonder where all of you pro-censoring-fascists people were last thursday when an islamic fundamentalist spoke at trinity. oh wait, i forgot, it's really *in* nowadays to support people who celebrate the deaths of over 2,000 americans.

Question: do all "islamic fundamentalists" "celebrate the deaths of over 2,000 americans"?, or is this statement equivalent to claiming that the Pope must have celebrated the Omagh bombing?

weeler said:
...sentment amongst white irish teen males would be high enough for us to;
1. Not really give a fuck about your country being attacked.
2. Make bad jokes about something the USA has made very taboo.
Wow.
Firstly white Irish teen males do not make up the entire Irish anti-fascist movement.
Secondly, while I do have some extremely bad-taste T-shirts and hold some strong views against the US government, you can't possibly be condoning the death of civilians? Yes the country is fucked up, but that does not infer that all of their citizens are legitimate targets
It's a funny subject, the whole issue with 'White Irish Teen Males' being anti-fascist yet will immediately jump to the conclusion that all Americans or Israelis are anti-Muslim and must therefore be ignored or confronted. Why? What makes you all judge and jury when it comes to Americans and Fascists? Does the whole thing not reek of hypocrisy? An English guy coming over to say that his race is the best is unacceptable. A muslim guy coming over to say that his race is the best is acceptable.
It's ok, because your nazi radar was turned off, or you don't care about americans. Excellent excuse. The problem is that being an anti-nazi by force fits in with the punk image alot easier than being anti-jihad. Compassion and Human Rights for the people you choose.

Anyway, all Irish are racist Catholics who don't believe in a woman's right to abortion. All Americans condone the murder of Iraqi and Afghanis. Fuck the lot of them.

why isn't it the issue?
it indicates that the working class has some nasty elements to it - like all that shit that's gone on in Limerick lately is perpetrated by the working class - but no we can't slag off the working class cause then we're snobs?

if the BNP was full of middle class sympathisers then it would definitely be an issue to some people
Half of that wasn't there when I replied.

weeler said:
Who said they want to be the censor police?
That's just rediculous, people are debating free speach and whether preventing a nazi from having a platfrom is contrary to the idea, please don't blatantly miss the point just to throw a sly dig.
this has nothing to do with throwing a "sly dig". i would definitely say you're trying to be the censorship-police, in that you're trying to censor people that you don't agree with. gimme a break, you already do it on this board!

weeler said:
That's farcical, and if you're so opposed to it then why don't YOU go do something about it - i couldn't give a fuck about islamic fundamentalists speaking in ireland because we already have an opressive religion in charge and i can't see that changing anytime soon.
i may be opposed to fundamentalism, but i have no problem in letting the opposition speak at trinity. this argument has nothing to do with fundamentalism anyway, i was just using it to point something out. that something being the fact that this guy has a FASCIST platform, yet i don't see you kicking yourself for having missed a good anti-fascist protest.

weeler said:
Why wouldn't it be cool to "rally" against an islamic fundamentalist?
Those are your words not ours - most punks don't "rally" against anything, most are apathetic as fuck.
Again I can't see the point in opposing islam in a country where catholicism has a firm grip (although it's a mere shadow of it's former self).
rally, protest- whatever. you get the idea. as to why it wouldn't be cool to protest an islamic fundamentalist i have no idea. why do you have a turbonegro shirt with osama on it? would you protest a black panthers rally as much as you would a kkk one?

mac warzonescum said:
Question: do all "islamic fundamentalists" "celebrate the deaths of over 2,000 americans"?, or is this statement equivalent to claiming that the Pope must have celebrated the Omagh bombing?
any government or person that celebrates the death of innocent people is seen as evil in my eyes.

no_exit said:
this has nothing to do with throwing a "sly dig". i would definitely say you're trying to be the censorship-police, in that you're trying to censor people that you don't agree with. gimme a break, you already do it on this board!

i may be opposed to fundamentalism, but i have no problem in letting the opposition speak at trinity. this argument has nothing to do with fundamentalism anyway, i was just using it to point something out. that something being the fact that this guy has a FASCIST platform, yet i don't see you kicking yourself for having missed a good anti-fascist protest.
ilene you seem to be basing this on the idea that im opposed to free speach for nazis - i'm undecided on the entire issue and won't be protesting against this BNP chaps presence at the debate.

rally, protest- whatever. you get the idea. as to why it wouldn't be cool to protest an islamic fundamentalist i have no idea. why do you have a turbonegro shirt with osama on it? would you protest a black panthers rally as much as you would a kkk one?
Osama t-shirt - it's just a (fashion) statement on the nature of our post 9/11 late capitalist society in which the media hypes the blahblahblah..
It was a gift! Who am i to refuse a gift.

Why should i protest against the black panthers?
http://www.blackpanther.org/TenPoint.htm

any government or person that celebrates the death of innocent people is seen as evil in my eyes.
Evil is a subjective term, as is innocent - but of course i don't agree with people being killed, who does?

I think you need to learn how to distinguish between bad taste jokes and actual political stances.

weeler said:
Because the Black Panthers are vehemently anti-white and anti-european, which makes them racist.
Evil is a subjective term, as is innocent - but of course i don't agree with people being killed, who does?
I don't think anyone was saying that you agree with people being killed, but Americans being killed by Muslims is no different than Muslims killed by Americans. You can't take a defiant stance against one and be apathetic about the other
It was a gift! Who am i to refuse a gift.
I bet Phil bought it for you.

phil never buys me things anymore.. not since he started kissing girls again.

weeler said:
ilene you seem to be basing this on the idea that im opposed to free speach for nazis - i'm undecided on the entire issue and won't be protesting against this BNP chaps presence at the debate.
my comments weren't aimed at you directly, but rather at the whole group of people that posted in favor of protesting. pssswhaa.. stop being so egocentric.

weeler said:
i'd say oly took the words right out of my mouth.

weeler said:
I think you need to learn how to distinguish between bad taste jokes and actual political stances.
i know your t-shirt is just a joke, but i was using it to prove a point which you obviously don't get.

also- i think it's funny how you especially reply to my posts on this subject and not at all to oly's. been on your knees much lately, weeler?

been on my knees much? says her wha'!

anyways, don't have replys for olys posts as he was being informative as opposed to providing a contrary argument so i couldn't see the point.
Don't get so worked up about it.

Mac: Fair enough being a protestant racist, but that would make you British and not Irish. I read up on NI affairs, yknow. Ulster and all that.

Weeler: Not replying to my posts because they're informative is all fine and dandy, but ya might as well join in the discussion instead of just hopping in when the discussion turns to dead Americans.

Not joining the discussion as far as this whole Free speach/bnp/trinity thing goes as i have decided where i stand yet - makes more sense than rushing in.

no_exit said:
i can only help but wonder where all of you pro-censoring-fascists people were last thursday when an islamic fundamentalist spoke at trinity. oh wait, i forgot, it's really *in* nowadays to support people who celebrate the deaths of over 2,000 americans.

Question: did this unnamed "Islamic fundamentalist" actually ever "celebrate the deaths of over 2,000 Americans"?

weeler said:
been on my knees much? says her wha'!

anyways, don't have replys for olys posts as he was being informative as opposed to providing a contrary argument so i couldn't see the point.
Don't get so worked up about it.
on a grammatical note ( i just can't help myself) it's "says she", not "says her".

as to my posts being a contrary argument.... i don't really see that.

and as for you being "undecided" on the whole matter, when are you going to make up your mind? what are you waiting for? being undecided usually means you've quickly changed your stance because you can't back up your original argument. i would know, i've used it before.

mac warzonescum said:
Question: did this unnamed "Islamic fundamentalist" actually ever "celebrate the deaths of over 2,000 Americans"?
Answer: yes, he actually said he fully supported 9-11, as i would assume all islamic fundamentalists would have.

trinity never cancelled, my friend was there. i would've been there too, but alas, i had previous engagements.

no_exit said:
on a grammatical note ( i just can't help myself) it's "says she", not "says her".
yes, i was using the vernacular.

Now Stay out of punk, there's a good girl.

Now Stay out of punk, there's a good girl
Those are the words of a guy who's just lost an argument. Didn't you use the same phrase on Nooly after she pointed out that you were being hypocritical by claiming to be anti-censorship yet pro locking-threads?

the strange guy said:
Those are the words of a guy who's just lost an argument. Didn't you use the same phrase on Nooly after she pointed out that you were being hypocritical by claiming to be anti-censorship yet pro locking-threads?
I hardly lost the argument, perhaps got fed up and resorted to sillyness.
I didn't feel there was much left to say on that topic.
anyway here you go..

Attachments

• oly.JPG
    oly.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 50

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back