Bloody Chuggers (1 Viewer)

Great idea unfortunately my irish accent is so strong now that it's not convincing. And anyway I'd rather not engage them in conversation...Spitting on them isn't conversation, is it???

No, spitting is just a more sophisticated form of communication.

Actually, another tactic for dealing with particularly persistent chuggers is to try to out-creep them. Put your arm around them as they start their spiel, then remember, 'spray it don't say it' if you find yourself forced to say anything.

They're hairy because most of the money taken in from direct debits goes toward dreadlock maintenance. It's in their contract.

Actually, another tactic for dealing with particularly persistent chuggers is to try to out-creep them. Put your arm around them as they start their spiel, then remember, 'spray it don't say it' if you find yourself forced to say anything.

ah here, the creepy stalker method is all me Jane. Sake.

Although... if a girl, if a girl can manage to pull off a convincing stalkery creepy leer and talk, then it would blow fella's stalker routines out of the water.

It would take some devotion and craft though.

Yes I like Jane's idea of stalker behaviour but to be honest, I don't want to have to waste my breath talking to these chuggers. Like I said, I'd prefer to spit on them but they would probably take that as an invitation to conversation.

Wicklow St is like playing Chugger Frogger (Chogger?). I make it really clear I'm giving them a wide berth, and frequently pretend I'm on the phone, gabbing away while I'm giving them really dirty looks. I try to be really firm with them.

But LavajoNation, you have the same option I do, which is the ability to argue believably that you don't have an Irish or UK bank account. Regardless, though, that guy outside Tesco was way out of line. I know this is splitting hairs, but I'm pretty sure that grabbing any part of someone's body -- possibly especially in order to get them to hand over their bank details -- is considered minor/simple assault under the law. I don't understand why they think that it's okay to intimidate people, or that, even if it works some of the time, that means it's a successful tactic. For one, when someone jumps out in front of you, your nervous system sometimes goes into 'fight or flight' mode. That's no good.

They do very little for their public image that way. I'd be very unlikely to want to give money to a charity who don't care about the people around them. In other words, they consider that getting money for poor people gives them licence to commit simple assault on their donors.

LOL.

Great idea

no it is not a great idea. dont be making excuses just blank them, you eventually learn not to even think about them while your blanking them and your serenity is only mildly interfered with. of course their only doing their job and thats fair enough i suppose but thats not your problem - why cant they get a proper job?

no it is not a great idea. dont be making excuses just blank them, you eventually learn not to even think about them while your blanking them and your serenity is only mildly interfered with. of course their only doing their job and thats fair enough i suppose but thats not your problem - why cant they get a proper job?

I think he could do his job without physically accosting people on the street.

earlier this year i was coming out of dunnes supermarket laden down with food shopping and walking to georges street to get my bus home when one of these fuckers jumped out at me from behind a pillar. Now I was tired and stressed cos my dad was in hospital and just totally lost on my own thoughts when this bastard sprung at me so i screamed with fright and dropped my food everywhere. He tried to put his arm around me but I was so scared i just couldnt even react..i called him a stupid prick and told him jumping out at women wasn't exactly the correct way to solicit money and he told me" I was just trying to have a little fun with you" and then ran off..

Let me guess... one of the Barnardos hippy goons that foul Georges Street with their inane -please like me- smiles?

I saw one of them do a little dance and actually curtsy to someone one day

it made me want to kill

I like it!

theres this perception that by telling one of these cunts to fuck off, you are effectively giving the finger to homeless orphans.

But don't be fooled, these cretins deserve your abuse. In fact when you see one, instead of avoiding them you should cross the street to cast a bit of abuse their way.

Especially the Barnardos medieval hippy assholes.

I like it!

theres this perception that by telling one of these cunts to fuck off, you are effectively giving the finger to homeless orphans.

But don't be fooled, these cretins deserve your abuse. In fact when you see one, instead of avoiding them you should cross the street to cast a bit of abuse their way.

Especially the Barnardos medieval hippy assholes.

Here, here.

"Fuck off" or "go fuck yourself" works a charm for me; blunt and straight to the point.
damn straight. people shouldnt be made feel guilty and as a result be forced into giving to charity. people who will give to charity, do.
the amount of times ive been acosted cos ive got some shopping bags with me is crazy.
a simple 'not today' is what i use now. followed by 'fuck off' or 'eat shit' if they persist.

I've been walking up and down the hall all morning practicing how to say "fuck off". I'm getting very excited about it now, just as a boxer would before a big fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back