• Thread starter moc
  • Start date
  • Replies 41
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 5

moc

Website
Visit site
i brought my little sister along to the pixies on tuesday and thought it'd be nice to buy her a tshirt from her first gig...

it was €30

fuck sake. she's 13 and tiny. couldnt have used a fivers worth of material on it

is this the price all big bands are charging for their tshirts these days, or was it just a special, we're in ireland everything is more expensive price???

yeah, it's pretty annoying that the more popular/richer a band becomes, they start charging more for everything; albums, t-shirts, gig tickets etc.

fuck dat shit. back to the underground! .|..|

Yeh it was the same at Sonic Youth. It was fucking 65 euros for a hoodie!

What a rip-off!

I think you may be onto someting with the "make it more expensive in ireland" thing - i've some idea they up the price when they have to cross the water.

I found a U2 t shirt the other day in a big pot in a window at home , it was still in its bag. My brother must have bought it when he went to see them, I cant wait to write suck under neath it and walk along the street in Wexford thinking im better than every one else.

Thats where bands make their profits. After the cost of running the gig, paying the crew and organizers thats the only real chunk a change they get, They cost around 3euro and they mark them up to 30 or 35. KA-CHING!

I was at lollapaoza in a couple of years ago and t-shirts were $60 and they sold every last one. $10 for a beer as well :eek:

Redneck Manifestos t-shirts were 15 euro at a recent show but were as comfy as sandpaper and the sizes were mis-labled. My large was really a small and I'd say small would've been classed as gnome. The pixes tshirt i got for 30 is good but for christs sake its a tshirt! You could get a steak dinner for that money!

Maxx Stone said:
Redneck Manifestos t-shirts were 15 euro at a recent show but were as comfy as sandpaper and the sizes were mis-labled. My large was really a small and I'd say small would've been classed as gnome. The pixes tshirt i got for 30 is good but for christs sake its a tshirt! You could get a steak dinner for that money!

sorry about that dude.

pm me and i'll sort you out. we got two different batches, one shit and one alright.

the guy selling the merch at the wolf eyes gig in whelans explained that the reason their stupid cdrs cost €15 each (for a cdr!!) was because he, bless him, had to carry them over here from england!
if i had a !baggyyyy i would have !baggyyyyed him with it.
pity i never thought of .|..|ing him in his eyes

eddie_hobbs.jpg

i went down the shop to buy a new gaff the other day. cheeky gits tried to charge me £200 000!!!! I tell you, its not like the old days.

I'll bet everyone who's complaining about the price of bands merch spends their evenings downloading the same bands music from soulseek !ninjaaaa

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back