• Thread starter moc
  • Start date
  • Replies 41
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 5
Maxx Stone said:
They cost around 3euro
The tshirts we got done lately cost around €9.50 each
We've been selling them at €14 in the hope that 67 people will eventually buy them and we'll make our money back
The remaining 33 tshirts will be worn by myself, my wife and my child next winter, as I've spent all my money on my band and won't be able afford central heating for our new house

30 euros is roughly equivalent to CDN$45, i think...for a T SHIRT!! $45 !!!!

hahahahahahahaha fucks sake. but good point to whoever said it's how they make their money - lord knows the fucking record label doesn't pay.

just because the cushy job they decided to get into doesn't pay well doesn't mean they can rip me off.

fuck them.

fuck all of them.

i bought my first ever tshirt at a gig a few months back for 10 bucks.

aoboa said:
I'll bet everyone who's complaining about the price of bands merch spends their evenings downloading the same bands music from soulseek !ninjaaaa

i think if you download/steal the album then you should at least go to the gig and/or buy the tshirt. I've never paid more than 10yoyoz for a tshirt (except 10 sterlings for my Yo La Tengo and Animal Collective ones)

giveadogabone said:
i think if you download/steal the album then you should at least go to the gig and/or buy the tshirt. I've never paid more than 10yoyoz for a tshirt (except 10 sterlings for my Yo La Tengo and Animal Collective ones)

Yup, it's pretty much the best way of giving money straight to the band.

When we have nothing left to give
There will be no reason for us to live
But when we have nothing left to lose
You will have nothing left to use
We owe you nothing you have no control
Merchandise keeps us in line
Common sense says it's by design
What could a businessman ever want more
than to have us sucking in his store
We owe you nothing
You have no control!
YOU ARE NOT WHAT YOU OWN!

Anthony said:
yea but €30, it's a bit rich.

I know but t shirts are better than bands sometimes.
I have band t-shirts that I still like long after the band went to shit.

when I first starting going to gigs I used buy a t-shirt every time.
around 10 years ago I was bringing home a bag of washing to my parents and the bag was robbed from the side compartment of the bus. Musta been 25/30 band t-shirts including a homemade Sebadoh Axe In heart one.

Never really bought many after that.

yeah but john meagher doesnt like you

egg_ said:
The tshirts we got done lately cost around €9.50 each
We've been selling them at €14 in the hope that 67 people will eventually buy them and we'll make our money back
The remaining 33 tshirts will be worn by myself, my wife and my child next winter, as I've spent all my money on my band and won't be able afford central heating for our new house

;)

oh shit said:
When we have nothing left to give
There will be no reason for us to live
But when we have nothing left to lose
You will have nothing left to use
We owe you nothing you have no control
Merchandise keeps us in line
Common sense says it's by design
What could a businessman ever want more
than to have us sucking in his store
We owe you nothing
You have no control!
YOU ARE NOT WHAT YOU OWN!
We want a band that plays loud and hard every night
That doesn't care how many people are counted at the door
That would travel one million miles and ask for nothing more than a plate of food and a place to rest
They'd strike chords that cut like a knife
It would mean so much more than t-shirts or a ticket stub
They'd stop at nothing short of a massacre
Everyone would leave with the memory that there was no place else in the world
And this was where they always belonged
We would dance like no one was watching
With one fist in the air
-
I just in general don't buy band tshirts because i'm such a big elitist that the thought of advertising my favourite bands to artless chumps makes me cry.

I have two concert t shirts and one concert hat that I robbed.

The first concert t shirt I brought when I went to see Metallica when I had just turned 14, I recently wrote I hate over the metallica but had to cover it up with tape when I wore it cause all I got was 'you startin!. Then the second one is a new york dolls t shirt. The hat is an Offspring hat which was bought at one of their concerts im sewing suck beside the logo and then giving it back.

(oh my god my mother just came into the room and started dancing like she was having a seasure to refused.)

seriously. you've never owned a T-SHIRT before!?

The last band one I bought was a blood brothers one in glasgeeee for a tenner sterling, I think. Have an enon one which was 15 euro bucks, I think all the ones I've bought in the last couple of years have been pretty cheap really. Serves you right getting charged 30 for a pixies t-shirt, after all, their comeback is completely mercenary and money making as far as I can see.

broken arm said:
i bought my first ever tshirt at a gig a few months back for 10 bucks.

my glamorous bed attire consists of 10+ year old oversized band t-shirts of PWEI and Dinosaur Jr etc. Stan Bowles'seseses consists of 10 year old flowered up and ride t-shirts. What a lovely couple we make.

nlgbbbblth said:
when I first starting going to gigs I used buy a t-shirt every time.
around 10 years ago I was bringing home a bag of washing to my parents and the bag was robbed from the side compartment of the bus. Musta been 25/30 band t-shirts including a homemade Sebadoh Axe In heart one.

Never really bought many after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back