August Bank Holiday (1 Viewer)

seeing as my thesis is due in on the 15th, i will be having an extended date with this guy:
paul-auster.jpg

and this guy:
fjprtrt.gif

and this woman:
_40671083_sontag203.jpg

hopefully the 'latrix and the 'rosa will provide me with some light pool/cider relief on saturday night. but apart from that it's
180px-Neus1.jpg

+
grindstone.jpg

Mates coming up from cork so we can all go see the Sultans Of Ping saturday night, for the nostalgia buzz like. Sunday is big barbecue with bands in my place. Good times.

talkinglama said:
It seems the first street performance world championships are on at Merrion Square this saturday and sun... it sounds like fun so might head along to that. :)

From here, the finalists include:
· The Australian Space Cowboy who juggles fire and knives on a 10-foot unicycle, while blindfolded and only using one foot
· Eccentric Canadian Mike Wood who catches catapulted cabbages on a spike on his head
· ‘The Piano Juggler‘ from the USA who will thrill you with his art of playing classical music on a piano using juggling balls instead of fingers
· The award-winning Portuguese mime artist Pedro Tochas, whose romantic comedy show will break your heart and mend it within the hour

portuguese mime is great always reminds me of the time i was on holiday in algarve and i watched two guys gesticulating at eachother over a car crash. i was watching this from a bus, so to me it looked like portuguese mime.

well, aren't you quite the Phileas Fogg.

seanc said:
I'm going to be in sexy Cork on the thursday, where I will, amongst other things, meet a real life Thumped member and sell them Radiohead tickets.

And then, sexy Limerick on the Friday, where again, I will meet a real life Thumped member and sell them Radiohead tickets.

And then, sexy Sligo on the saturday.

And then, sexy Rathangan on the sunday.

And then, sexy sitting at home writing a thesis on the monday.

siobhan said:
going to rosses point in shligo camping for the weekend..
although we've now been told that if its windy the tent at the rosses point campsite will blow into the sea..
:eek:
so we might go to strandhill across the bay...

strandhill is lovely. you trying surfing? if you're in strand hill call into my brothers pub The Dunes and say hello. There'll be music on in the form of some of westlife and yer man Tabby apparently.

kirstie said:
well, aren't you quite the Phileas Fogg.

Indeed. I should have loads of pics of fields and small towns and shit like that. Hopefully a cat or two.
Anyway, it's gonna be kewl. Ain't never been to Cork before.

c0De_n1NjA said:
FilledAss Fag more likes it.

Well, hopefully!!

Saturday morning to Monday evening will be spent down in Rimlick.

Does anyone know if anything daycent is happening down there or will it be another hazy weekend with only memories of the Guamtanamo Bay smoking cage in Costellos.

I had no plans until 10 minutes ago, but then I got an email from one of my best mates from London saying he is going to be in Dublin all weekend for a wedding, result.

jESUS..... WHATS WITH ALL THE SLIGO ACTION?? THAT HEFTER IN THE HEELS REALLY GOT YIZ ALL BY THE TRAVELLIN' KNACKERS!!!

A BBQ CHALLENGE SHOULD BE WHO CAN COOK THE BEST FOOD. YOU GOTTA LIGHT YOUR OWN FIRE, BRING YOUR OWN MEAT BUT IT SHOULD TAKE PLACE IN A STANDARD BBQ. THEN IT'S ALL DOWN TO THE SKILL AND FLAIR OF THE GRILLER.

THERE HASN'T BEEN ENOUGH EMPHASIS ON THE 'SKILLS' IN ALL THESE COMPETITONS LATELY. A TRUE MASTER CAN CO-ORDINATE ALL TYPES OF FOOD AND HAVE THEM ALL READY FOR CONSUMPTION AT THE SAME TIME. I'VE SEEN ALOT OF SUB-PAR COOKIN' OUTDOORS IN THIS COUNTRY.

DON'T FUCK AROUND WITH BBQ. IT'S SACRED. DO IT RIGHT OR DON'T DO IT.

BARBEQUAANNNDO!!!

talkinglama said:
It seems the first street performance world championships are on at Merrion Square this saturday and sun... it sounds like fun so might head along to that. :)

i liked the sound of this too - the dreamstate circus sounds exciting.

mostly, i will be trying to do a lot of work on a nearly-due art project to make up for procrastinating at the concept stage for too long.

not trying surfing but heard that stradhill is mecca for surfers..
thats why we were going to try and get in at the campsite at rosses point!
will call in to your bro's pub and say 'i know your sister cheryl, the stories i could tell you about her....'

.|..|

yeah mazzy wheres that photo of?

Stan Bowles said:
I had no plans until 10 minutes ago, but then I got an email from one of my best mates from London saying he is going to be in Dublin all weekend for a wedding, result.

if the weather is nice the beach will HAVE to be gone to. Picnic!

Wormo said:
Where's that? Looks lubberly.

Floody- only meat?
A TRUE MASTER OF THE FLAME CAN COOK ANYTHING ON A BBQ.

COOKIN' BOTH WHILE NOT MAKIN' VEGIS SICK WITH STRAY TASTES OF BEEF IS A STANDARD ENTRY REQUIREMENT.

IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE ..... STEP THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE GRILL YOU BEGINNER BASTARD!!

BARBEQUAANNNDO!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back