atp vs explosions in the sky (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pad
  • Start date
  • Replies 71
  • Views 7K
  • Watchers 6
Probably, they're really getting Declan Nerney to curate.

images%5Cdeclan_nerney.jpg

"I'm tellin ya, he had some kinda yella auro around him"

My Da got thick once cos his Declan Nerney tape went missin and he accused me of nickin it.

what hugh said, if they pick good bands it doesn't matter. the shins, who i don't rate at all, picked fucking great bands.

that's dinos 3rd ATP in 3 years. and in a genre that got really boring really quickly, explosions in the sky are the most boring. IMO of course...

what a load of bollocks.

i was hoping they'd get the magnificent shits to curate. those guys are awesome.
they'd be all like picking bands like the fuckyous, los obscurantanistas, hipsterphonepants7777 and that guy who screams beat poems down a megaphone while taking a shit on stage then spreads the shit on the megaphone then randomly attacks the audience with the shitcovered megaphone.

yeah, man, yeah.

jaysis, are you pricks never happy?
fucking deadly line up so far.

what a load of bollocks.

and that guy who screams beat poems down a megaphone while taking a shit on stage then spreads the shit on the megaphone then randomly attacks the audience with the shitcovered megaphone.

Ill be so pissed off if that clashes with Declan Nerney

18th October 2007
ATP 2008 - NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS 2008

We are happy to announce that the curators for ATP Weekend Two, 2008, is Longford country legend…
Declan Nerney
As well as playing himslef, Declan Nerney, have so far chosen Sandy Kelly, Red Hurley, Johnny Carroll - The Man With The Golden Trumpet, and Brendan Shine performs 'Rince' to join them.

Big Tom and the Mainliners will be preforming two shows, one instrumental and one a concept album about the drumlims of Monaghan feat. special guests Riche Kavanagh and Merzbow

In fairness they're running out of acts of that calibre to invite to curate.

Not really...

Stereolab?
The Ex?
Will Oldham?
Even a label... Touch & Go or Thrill Jockey... i woulda thought there'd be hundreds of candidates before they'd stoop to Explosions In My Eye.
Such a boring run-of-the-mill band...

That said, i totally agree that the calibre of the curating band has nothing to do with the calibre of the line-up.

Slint = amazing band, absolutely shit line-up.
Mars Volta = dodgy band, amazing line-up

Mogwai are shite. Loved their ATP.

Slint are great. Their ATP was shite.

Therefore, EITS's ATP = GREAT.

Not really...

Stereolab?
The Ex?
Will Oldham?
Even a label... Touch & Go or Thrill Jockey... i woulda thought there'd be hundreds of candidates before they'd stoop to Explosions In My Eye.
Such a boring run-of-the-mill band...

That said, i totally agree that the calibre of the curating band has nothing to do with the calibre of the line-up.

Slint = amazing band, absolutely shit line-up.
Mars Volta = dodgy band, amazing line-up

yep agree with all this.of course the main thing is the quality of the lineup, but i like the idea that the person curating is someone that has in some way earned it, or something. Surely Fugazi would be up there on a list of candidates.has a dischord band ever played atp.labels or people from label could also be great. Corey Rusk, say, would be amazing. Also Sebadoh, Low, PJ Harvey, Boards of Canada, Wilco, Chavez, Flaming Lips as well as those mentioned above...i suspect some of these may be just too expensive.

Actually really like EITS (bar new LP); don't kill me BUT they are not curator-material

Stereolab (as ronan said), Yo La Tengo, Jim O'Rourke (even if he didn't play), labels mentioned above all seem like good choices

Would be very surprised to say Dischord associate themselves with it. At the end of the day, Atp are making a whack of cash outta all the proceedings.

Also, spot on comment re Slint and Mars V Atps (the only 2 I've actually gone to ). Mars V had loads of great acts but were pure wank, whereas it was other way around for Slint

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back