• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 51
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 2

RSJ

Website
www.gravelbox.net
I've been away for two years. I'll be back in about a month. I worked a job for three years before i left. Am i eligible for the dole when i get back or do i need recent tax credits or something?

I've been away for two years. I'll be back in about a month. I worked a job for three years before i left. Am i eligible for the dole when i get back or do i need recent tax credits or something?
if you havent claimed before then, you should be grand. you are going to need ALOT of bullshit redtape paperwork n ting though.

be good to see you back anyway, was only sifting through your flickr last night actually

That's alright, long as i get some money at the end of it all! Will be living with the folks and they're not exactly poor, will that exclude me? Or do i just pretend i'm living rent free with my aunt or sister or something?

And will be good to see you too dude, once i get some cash we'll have to get a few recession scoops in.

Even if you haven't enough credits you'll be able to get allowance (as opposed to Benefit).

As far as I know Benefit isn't means tested and i don't think you're means tested (on your parents income) for Allowance if you're over 24.

They also take into account what you have in the bank etc.

All sounds pretty handy. Finally, and i know this is a pretty stupid question, how long will it take to start getting money once i start the process? I hear it can take months? And if i say after a few months "bugger this, i'm moving to the engerlund", do i get back paid what i should have got while i was waiting?

All sounds pretty handy. Finally, and i know this is a pretty stupid question, how long will it take to start getting money once i start the process? I hear it can take months? And if i say after a few months "bugger this, i'm moving to the engerlund", do i get back paid what i should have got while i was waiting?
it depends on what the local office is like for amount of dole scum, if theres loads, youll be waitin alright. Macroom right? cant imagine youd be waiting more than a month or so (but what do i know) but you cant get Community Welfare monies in the meantime and theyll subtract that from your backdated dole when dole kicks in.
you can move to engurland after youve applied but youll have to come back and go to your local post office to collect it though. then tell them youre buggereing off.

All sounds good, that'll be me the monday morning when i get home. Probably an annoying question, but what do i need to bring with me when i go in? A year of bank stuff, credit card and loan stuff, passport/birth cert... What else?

All sounds good, that'll be me the monday morning when i get home. Probably an annoying question, but what do i need to bring with me when i go in? A year of bank stuff, credit card and loan stuff, passport/birth cert... What else?

Proof of address.

No chance of looking for a job first , then going on the dole as a last resort?

It's called jobseekers allowance right, you sign on so you have some sort of income while you seek out a job.

You don't need a years worth of bank statements just one or a mini statement from a bank machine. When you go in first you'll just be making an appointment and they'll tell you what you need. You'll probably need your p45 from before you went away and then something for when you were away too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back