Annoyingly Rubbish Current Pop Songs (1 Viewer)

That Rihanna tune is special sort of bad. Numa Numa song + overdone Hey-Hoooh! backing track + worst rapping ever (clearly line-on-line dubbed) + autotuned te fack = drawing the downward trend on the wall because the current graph doesn't go that low.

What exactly is auto tune?

Is it different to vocador sound thing that Cher used in Beilive??

Autotune is an electronic device or piece of software that takes an out of tune vocal (sung sharp or flat from the note the vocalist was going for) and makes it sound in tune.

If you use extreme and unnatural settings on it you get that sort of robotty vocodery effect. That's because the human voice, even an in-tune one, has natural pitch variations, especially when moving from one note to another. The extreme setting on the autotune stomps all hell out out of these natural variations and makes it robot sounding.

When used normally autotune can be un-detectable from a real natural voice. Apparently most US pop producers don't think twice about using it if it's a good enough vocal performance bar the odd pitch glitch. So even Justin Timberlake, Beyonceé etc. get this treatment in small amounts.

Autotune is an electronic device or piece of software that takes an out of tune vocal (sung sharp or flat from the note the vocalist was going for) and makes it sound in tune.

If you use extreme and unnatural settings on it you get that sort of robotty vocodery effect. That's because the human voice, even an in-tune one, has natural pitch variations, especially when moving from one note to another. The extreme setting on the autotune stomps all hell out out of these natural variations and makes it robot sounding.

When used normally autotune can be un-detectable from a real natural voice. Apparently most US pop producers don't think twice about using it if it's a good enough vocal performance bar the odd pitch glitch. So even Justin Timberlake, Beyonceé etc. get this treatment in small amounts.

So what you're saying is that there hope for me and my 'unique' vocal stylings.

Must get back to putting my poetry to music so....

'Trouble' on Britney's new album is brilliant (actually it's a bonus iTunes pre-order track, but you get the idea)

[ame="http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=UYzXz1UyJ14"]YouTube - Britney Spears - Trouble [OFFICIAL BONUS SONG][/ame][ame="http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=UYzXz1UyJ14"][/ame]

can someone cycle round to my house and explain why Girls Aloud keep getting props for their songs... I can appreciate Destinys Child, the odd Spice Girl song, early Sugar Babes and more All Saints then I'd like to admit, but I've not heard anything my G.A. that justifys the hype... I've always figured it's journalists being ironic

can someone cycle round to my house and explain why Girls Aloud keep getting props for their songs... I can appreciate Destinys Child, the odd Spice Girl song, early Sugar Babes and more All Saints then I'd like to admit, but I've not heard anything my G.A. that justifys the hype... I've always figured it's journalists being ironic

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jRhiuFKmdc"]YouTube - Girls Aloud - Biology - Official Music Video[/ame]

you dope. listen to this shit! it's like there's no verses! just chorus after chorus after chorus.

deadly.

The Show
Biology
Love Machine
Long Hot Summer
Close to Love
The Promise

If you think they're all rubbish songs then you don't like them which is fair enough although you're obviously an idiot in that case

'Trouble' on Britney's new album is brilliant (actually it's a bonus iTunes pre-order track, but you get the idea)

YouTube - Britney Spears - Trouble [OFFICIAL BONUS SONG]

interesting.

I fuckin love this britney tune....its all pharrell though init.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm5QOktnI8k"]YouTube - Britney Spears - Why Should I Be Sad + Lyrics[/ame]

and that beyonce new one...put a ring on it. fuck me. thats amazing.

I don't know... always sounds like an i-pod with 10 seconds clips of Richard X on shuffle being throw down a set of metal stairs, sort of exactly what you said Dutchy, just chorus, chorus, chorus... which is just bewildering and confusing... especially for the old and infirm like me...

Much more time for the more minimal R&B neptunes stylee pop

This must be what happens when you try and perform without autotune

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

this thread is now going to be my blog where I talk about the charts

In today's edition of my blog I give my final review of the current girls aloud album (only a few months after everyone else). as follows:

girlsaloudreviewin3.jpg

all reviews should be presented like this

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back