Annoyingly Rubbish Current Pop Songs (1 Viewer)

Lili Marlene

-
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

that chorus is just ABC but rubbish. In fact, i can't remember the last time I liked a Sugababes song. About You Know was covered by the Sawdoctors and they didn't make it any worse. I think they were last good when them and Girls Aloud's new singles were indistinguishable.

Anyway, i'm sick of saying how much good pop music there is out there so this thread is for complaining about current pop music that's dreadful.

Commercial Pop is always dreadful, but there are some new lows. That Kid Rock one is pretty fuckin lazy.

Also while I'm at it, whats the story with loads of bands making songs that are 'designed for tv commercial use'? You know the sort, either a slow breathy acoustic version of a massive hit like 'Lets Dance' or 'I'm a believer'. Or a completely new touchy feely acoustic song designed to get advertising execs wet around the knees...

..I blame Canada, I think it came from there

this thread is now going to be my blog where I talk about the charts

here is this week's UK top 10

1. Take That - Greatest Day

this is a pleasant enough song that sounds exactly like you think it's going to sound like. You can't dislike Take That because they're on that TV christmas ad for M&S and are obviously thoroughly top blokes.

2. Beyonce - If I were A Boy
"Intimacy, honesty, committment". this song is a perfume commercial. There's a guy in the video who gets arrested wearing what appears to be a Brian May jumper. Anyway, this song goes on forever and is pretty catchy mush

3. TI ft Rihanna - Live Your Life
I don't know if O-Zone are gonna be the new Phil Collins and be constantly sampled by hip-hop producers who completely missed the joke. I don't know who Ti is but this all sounds a bit 1998. The video is another perfume commercial.

4. Killers - Human
It's hard not to slag off the Killers. I think they want to say something important with this song but don't know what to say, same for the video. I'm really rather opinionless about this song, it's alright.

5. Katy Perry - Hot'n'cold

I found some youtube live version of ths where she looks very attractive in some bizarre 50's playboy bunny sparkly outfit. It's better than her other one.

6. Alesha Dixon - The Boy Does Nothing

Girl from Mis-Teeq back in the charts due to being on some reality show. Thankfully they didn't just re-release her old band, this is great. A quick look at wikipedia tells me that Xenomania wrote and produced it, the fact that I didn't cop this straight away is tantamount to their continued talents. They should release a best of.

7. Britney Spears - Womanizer
Still loving this. The naked bits in the video are pretty pointless, especially since she's at her least attractive in them

8. X-Factor Finalists - Hero
Ugh. The only interesting thing about this is that most of them have now been kicked out of the show so i'm quite surprised this is still top 10. Their sad faces in the video are a laugh though, especially sincethey're most likely deliriously happy to be achieving their dream and making a pop video

9. Akon - RIGHT NOW (NA NA NA)
the first thing that strikes me about this is the autotune, according to this interview I found with him he's all in favour of autotuners so I guess that's ok then. As it stands 'NA NA NA NA' does not a good pop song make. This music is beyond my comprehending though, I literally don't know why anyone would like it.

10. Girls Aloud - The Promise.
Ace. People seem to think that Girls Aloud's quality has dropped of late but this is still deadly, anything but stuck in a rut so they are.

a post of jane-proportions

I wonder what the US top 10 is like at the moment?

In fact, i can't remember the last time I liked a Sugababes song.

Dude, Denial was an incredible pop song!!! Seriously don't know why that single wasn't huge.

In terms of shit pop, fucking Rhianna can take that auto-tune and shove it up her arse along with her poxy fucking umbrella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella

I hated that first katy perry song but love the new one! even though the lyrics are totally duff

Ha ha..autotuner vocals, the sign of a pro!

Rhianna should just be a bikini model, she has a talented body, thats it baby!

Rhianna should just be a bikini model, she has a talented body, thats it baby!

No way. Her face looks like one of these. Depending on the video

120297376_fb023e7460.jpg

or

GreatHammerheadPhoto03.jpg

Inneressin'

Holy shit, I heard a song in a taxi, seems its one by that Katy Perry, don't know which one but I've never heard lyrics so completely and utterly ripped off from the mumblings of two kindergarden childers. I think thats the way forward for any aspiring pop song writers, just listen to whatever crap your kids are talking about, put it to some shit beat, clean it to within an inch, et voila....

That mother fucker, kid rock, ripping sweet home alabama and throwing down some bullshit all over it. What a cock.

No, you see that's one of the things I hate most about it. The sample is Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon, not Sweet Home Alabama. It's like they couldn't even get the licensing for the song they were referencing in the chorus because there's was so shit. It's absolutely fucking retarded.

No, you see that's one of the things I hate most about it. The sample is Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon, not Sweet Home Alabama. It's like they couldn't even get the licensing for the song they were referencing in the chorus because there's was so shit. It's absolutely fucking retarded.

it's a bit of both isn't it?

so really he's ripping off magnolia electric co. who covered 'werewolves...' and threw the 'sweet home...' guitar solo in for good measure.

clip above kinda reminds me of this:

am totally digging this awesome song and the video....phew......sexy with a capital EXY

i have to go with that Pink song. It's just the worst song i've ever heard. It's ...... awful!!!!

it's a bit of both isn't it?

Oh god it's terrible.
I just listened to it and yeah, it's verses are Warren Zevon and then there's a sort of a Sweet Home Alabama "inspired" guitar riff in between the chorus and the next verse. Probably just about unlike it enough to get around copyright. I'd never gotten that far into the song before. My IQ has just gone down 23 points, and I've just shit my pants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back