2014 releases worth a listen.. (1 Viewer)

Jon Brooks - 52

cover_small.jpg

got this new release in the post today. Lovely album with a BBC radiophonic workshop/ambient vibe throughout. Concept album about his grandmother's former house (song titles such as morning window, the back room, pond i, December trees, wax lemons, end of the corridor). Really nice, interesting listen. Unfortunately the thing seems to be sold out already but hopefully might be a repressing in near future. They did one for his last LP, Shapwick. Apparently a few have been spared to go on sale at ghost box records online store in the next week if anyones interested

Artwork/package is deadly here. done by Frances Castle. seems to do all the work for this label, clay pipe music. smallmoonvalley

this is pretty much as melodic as it gets on the LP
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I listened to it today for the first time and thought it was great. Better than the last shite he had out by a long ways.

Shapwick? I love that album. would have though if someone liked 52 that Shapwick would have been up their street too. obviously not. They are pretty different sounding releases I suppose. not drastically though

Only recently checked out his other thing, The Advisory Circle. top drawer stuff

Shapwick? I love that album. would have though if someone liked 52 that Shapwick would have been up their street too. obviously not. They are pretty different sounding releases I suppose. not drastically though

Only recently checked out his other thing, The Advisory Circle. top drawer stuff
no, sorry, I think our wires are crossed. I was referring to the new Caribou album.

is the new jimmy cake album out yet?
arsey update in response to someone asking about it on facebook:

Dudes... t-shirts will be sent out when the album is. The album will be sent out as soon as we have it. I'm finishing the artwork at the moment, and when it's done, the lot will be sent off for manufacturing.

This album grew into a huge project, thanks in no small part to the help of you fabulous funders. There are in-and-around 290 individual tracks per song, and mixing something like that is a hell of an undertaking.

Also, we had a section mastered by five different mastering engineers, and when we picked one, we got him to do the job four times. Picky much? Yes. Because it's worth it, and I, for one, certainly don't regret the time that's gone into it.

We're not knocking out a "sounds exactly like _______" record here. Pushing the boat out takes time. We'll either get it right once, or spend the next twenty years avoiding it.

We're not sitting on a pile of albums and t-shirts, smoking cigars, anyway.

Peace and love,
Paul

i'm a bit fucked off at the tone of that, frankly...and that's swearing

send a fucking email update once in a while if your funders have been waiting nearly two years..and don't take an arsey tone if some poor cunt makes a hesitant enquiry seeing as he's moved house several times since the album was due to be posted out

arsey update in response to someone asking about it on facebook:

i'm a bit fucked off at the tone of that, frankly...and that's swearing

send a fucking email update once in a while if your funders have been waiting nearly two years..and don't take an arsey tone if some poor cunt makes a hesitant enquiry seeing as he's moved house several times since the album was due to be posted out

I'm tempted to do a dispute thing on the fundit page. Get me money back.

that's fair enough, all i'm asking is a fucking update say biannually or so

and i'm pretty sure i did actually point that out to them already at some point

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back