Anarchism (2 Viewers)

Nearly every concept in the world, no matter how obscure, can be explained in three sentences by an expert. This is a fact I just made up, but I'd be surprised if it's completely wrong.

i was at a two day workshop recently with 30 other PhD students from different disciplines - medicine, computer shit, engineering, social science etc. One of the first tasks was to make a 3 sentence research statement explaining your research in jargon free language so that other researchers could understand it, relate it to their work and then devise concept collaborative research projects, break down boundaries and get naked.

i haven't a clue why i am telling you this....

Because it makes sense!

It's the finest bullshit detector anyone can possibly have.
Three sentences or less. No jargon.

Maybe it only makes sense when you've got a science background.
Everything else is swaddled in layers of obfuscation and waffle.
(That's an actual fact)

There's an element of truth to that, but in other cases an overly simplified explanation can be counterproductive. Seemingly true short sayings and pearls of wisdom may appear so on first inspection but don't always hold up, there's gray areas. Your protip may come across as a tautology, but may also contain prejudices, gray areas and some elements of relativism or not. Ooh irony and contradiction, I just can't get enough. :) I see where you're coming from though.
no disrespect, but this seems like an elaborate way of saying 'yes, i'm talking shit'.

Science is wank.

FACT.

Dailyad_19truth.jpg

Science is wank.

FACT.

There's nothing wrong with wanking!

(ironically the firefox spell checker tells me there is)

(even more ironically it also tells me there's something wrong with Firefox)

!ironyyy :D

Edit: What was the point with the three sentences, did somebody ask somebody to explain something in three sentences or what?

Science is wank.

FACT.
untrue. look, science is nothing to be scared of. science is actually the most straightforward thing in the world - not surprising since it's what governs everything we experience. chillax dudes..........

untrue. look, science is nothing to be scared of. science is actually the most straightforward thing in the world - not surprising since it's what governs everything we experience. chillax dudes..........
SCIENCE FAUX PAS ALERT
Science is the process where theories on the laws of the universe are submitted to the community for review. (Eat my one sentence explanation, anarchists)
It doesn't govern everything we experience.
!cheezy!cheezy!cheezy!cheezy!cheezy

!bog

I never name-dropped anybody in this thread, not even marx. And I quite neatly summed up marx's theory of alienation for oly, I think he's throwing up a smokescreen.

You namedropped 'creative class' and 'immaterial labour' with no attempt to expand your point other than to suggest I 'check it out'.

edit: Smokescreen! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
You truly are the king of independent critical thought.

I'm not here to explain every concept in the world to you oly, considering you think journalists are part of the 'bourgeoisie' because their labour is abstract it might take a while.

Sea what I did there? :D

SCIENCE FAUX PAS ALERT
Science is the process where theories on the laws of the universe are submitted to the community for review. (Eat my one sentence explanation, anarchists)
It doesn't govern everything we experience.
!cheezy!cheezy!cheezy!cheezy!cheezy

!bog
oh man...harshing my buzz, so bad. chill it, bro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back