What was the first gig you ever went to?? (3 Viewers)

First Gig: Battle of the Bands 1995? in strangely enough, Landsdowne Rugby Clubhouse.

Bambi were on first, they played 4 Sex Pistols covers and that was it. I thought it was fucking amazing. Then all the other bands played Rage Against the Machine covers and I moshed for the first time.

i've just been reminded by this post that i was at this gig as well - i'd completely wiped it from my memory until right now.

I was at this too. Disposable Heroes were easily the best of the day
Sugar were a bit bland and forgettable

Sonic Youth were shambolic , as usual

I remember people throwing stuff at Faith No More for some reason. One kid in front of me couldn't get the coins out of his pocket fast enough to fire at the stage. Mike Paton at one stage gave out to them asking that they throw soft round things..or potatoes

the racist

I was at this too. Disposable Heroes were easily the best of the day
Sugar were a bit bland and forgettable

Sonic Youth were shambolic , as usual

I remember people throwing stuff at Faith No More for some reason. One kid in front of me couldn't get the coins out of his pocket fast enough to fire at the stage. Mike Paton at one stage gave out to them asking that they throw soft round things..or potatoes

the racist

have to agree with all your comments disosable heros were definetly the best.

yeah my friend got him in the face with a tennis ball just after that comment so he got what he asked for.......i think people were wound up because for about 30 minutes maybe even longer before they played their was a roadie goin 1 2 1 2 1 etc

jesus was even worse than a steam pig tune up!

mine was green day in the SFX when i was 13, or possibly fourteen, so i spose it coulda been worse. D Generation supported and they were fuckin painful. And their guitarist dressed like a woman. how... risque

same here- broke my arm too so i went the next night with a broken arm again

my first and last big gig/festival was the first sun stroke in dalymount park.
perfect name one of the hottest days i remember ever.started the day by starting to drink down the canal (the nal) in kilkenny at 6.30 in the morning so we could be pissed on the bus in case we got the driver that didn't let you drink.was all excited at seen some punks with crass on their jackets outside and some one with a minor threat t-shirt.shit buzz was once you left you weren't allowed back in so once you ran out of the smuggled in naggins that was it for the day drunk and sober by about three .got me one and only peircing the nose with a gun someone called me as she did it i turned and it went in arse ways ouch.
some good bands sonic youth,sugar,disposable heros of hiphopricy(amazing) and faithnomore.

first ever gig i ran was the first AMC gig in limerick in baker place
(break your face).

that sunstroke was great. the following year with helmet and ice cube was amazing as well. the 3rd and last one - the indoor one at rds - was shite.

wasnt the first amc gig held in costelloes - upstairs???? i maybe that was the first one i went to which may have been the 2nd or 3rd amc gig.

yeah my friend got him in the face with a tennis ball just after that comment so he got what he asked for.......i think people were wound up because for about 30 minutes maybe even longer before they played their was a roadie goin 1 2 1 2 1 etc

quote]

yeah but can you remember how they actually came onstage??

I was in Comet for the ramones thing but couldn't go up and ask for a signature. Me and my mate Alan just rummaged through the albums looking up at Joey and Dee Dee (must have seen you there too)
Subhumans, Golden Horde, Paranoid Visions, Vicarious Living and Cactus World News in the Youth Expression Centre. What a night !!!!! (or was it two nights?)

The Subhumans played 2 nights that weekend @ Youth Expression Centre. Think they came back again to play at the centre short time later. As far as i remember didn't one of the floor collapse during either the Subhumans set or the Golden Hordes???? Was at The Membranes gig @ the Boxing Club Drogheda & also the one in Dublin with Sharkbait, Kill Devil Hill, Gunpoint or Gun something? & the Membranes in that Parnell st hotel (don't know what that was called).

First band/gig - U2 on a milk float at our local fair. They were as shite then as they are now.

First paying gig - Virgin Prunes SFX probably around 1983.
First Punk gig - I'd say Paranoid Visions & D. Attitudes in the Ivy Rooms.

Anyone @ the Anti Nowhere League/Golden Horde/Baracudas & The Commotion - TV Club. Now that was funny!

wasnt Albany a toughguy hardcore spot? how did Fugazi go down there?

I remember it being fine. It was actually in a place called Saratoga Springs, which is a suburb of Albany. I am trying to remember the name of the club (and it will drive me crazy all day until I remember) because they always had good shows but it was nearly a 3 hour drive to get there. Saw the Gorllia Biscuits there too. More often I would end up at Sunday all ages shows in Syracuse (only an hours drive) at a place called Lost Horizon.

The Subhumans played 2 nights that weekend @ Youth Expression Centre. Think they came back again to play at the centre short time later. As far as i remember didn't one of the floor collapse during either the Subhumans set or the Golden Hordes???? Was at The Membranes gig @ the Boxing Club Drogheda & also the one in Dublin with Sharkbait, Kill Devil Hill, Gunpoint or Gun something? & the Membranes in that Parnell st hotel (don't know what that was called).

First band/gig - U2 on a milk float at our local fair. They were as shite then as they are now.

First paying gig - Virgin Prunes SFX probably around 1983.
First Punk gig - I'd say Paranoid Visions & D. Attitudes in the Ivy Rooms.

Anyone @ the Anti Nowhere League/Golden Horde/Baracudas & The Commotion - TV Club. Now that was funny!
was at that membranes gig in drogheda,are you the bloke that did revelations fanzine?

I remember it being fine. It was actually in a place called Saratoga Springs, which is a suburb of Albany. I am trying to remember the name of the club (and it will drive me crazy all day until I remember) because they always had good shows but it was nearly a 3 hour drive to get there. Saw the Gorllia Biscuits there too. More often I would end up at Sunday all ages shows in Syracuse (only an hours drive) at a place called Lost Horizon.

Syracuse...whos from there Earth Crisis or Snapcase or someone like that anyway.

first gig Disorder - Old Labour Club - Belfast 85
next was the Depraved - Old Labour Club - Belfast dunno if it was 85 or 86. Niall do you know? I read somewhere you organised the Disorder tour, you could have done the Depraved one too. Then after that it was Pink Turds In Space, Stalag 17, Asylum etc in various pubs in Belfast, Portadown (Crude and Snyde, Paranoid Visions here too). Was at that museum one that Gary mentioned. Plus Toxic Waste in Armagh (me and some mates put it on, brightened up the town for a day) and the rest is history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back