Black Catholics (2 Viewers)

kaltkrieg said:
Napsalm Sunday recorded a very good demo.The threat released a
7" - Lullabye in C/High cost of living . Deko would be your man for
really old Dublin punk demo/live tapes. Brum from the Pretty is a regular
at Bohs bar on match nites.Conor could steer you his way.Drunken Jury
and Abnormal are another 2 bands who recorded and are well worth checking out if you have'nt done already.
Gary if you're interested I have the Napalm Sunday and abnormal tapes. Also got the Drunken Jury and Threat. 7"s

niallmc said:
Gary if you're interested I have the Napalm Sunday and abnormal tapes. Also got the Drunken Jury and Threat. 7"s

Absolutely Niall,do you have the covers? could I get them photocopied? That would be amazing. Thanks.

wasn't there a band around the same time called de-foetus attitude? or was that a zine? used to see fliers for them/it in basement.

david said:
wasn't there a band around the same time called de-foetus attitude? or was that a zine? used to see fliers for them/it in basement.
defoetus attitude were from santry in dublin and featured a young brayo from paranoid visions on drums. don't think they recorded anything though

david said:
how about vicarious living, niall??
there's gotta be a whole web-site worth of these bands
yeah i heard they were a pretty dodgy group!!!!! - anyone fancy putting a website together? there's plenty of old fogies who could contribute

There's a site called scumville,it;s uk based but it's compiling a discography. I'm not sure if anyone can submit info and it's still not gone "live",but I can submit info to it and have done quite a few things already.
If anyone thinks anything should go on it let me know.

niallmc said:
defoetus attitude were from santry in dublin and featured a young brayo from paranoid visions on drums. don't think they recorded anything though

Deko,Brayo,Skinny,Clarkie was Defoetus Attitude line up.Had about 8 songs
and played the grand total of 3 gigs before splitting up in 1983.Everyone
ended up in Paranoid Visions exept for Clarkie.I have a practice tape but it's
best avoided cos it's fucking horrible.

I'm very much into getting copies of any old irish punk bands recordings together in one place. I get asked about stuff all the time and as my tapes all went missing years ago I don't have very much left.
I'll do tape trades or buy tapes/old records off anyone who has any. Wether it's to my taste or not.

HEY GARY,NOT SURE IF YOU'D BE INTERESTED,BUT YOUNG SAM HAVERON HAS QUITE A COLLECTION OF OLD BELFAST PUNK BANDS ON CASSETTE.MAYBE NEXT TIME YOUR IN BELFAST......

I know,I've been asking him for a while,but as I never see him now and he doesn't have email....Maybe I should just call up to his house with a load of blank tapes.

I have a good bit of webspace available if you want me to convert anything to mp3 and host it. Not sure what people's opinion are as regards using mp3 and downloading tracks as opposed to swapping tapes/CD/vinyl. Remember seeing some debate about it before and people having issues with mp3, but it's available if ya wanna use it.

i've been thinking bout the logistics of a project like this before, to basically have a cdr library, or not even a cdr library but a large harddrive and basically store the tracks and artwork for a variety of old irish releases that aren't available, out of print or whatever. Using my mp3 player its pretty easy for me to record off vinyl or off tape. And basically have a website with a list of the stuff in the library, people request what they want, and pop me a euro at the next gig im at and they'll get the cdr and artwork.

I'm well up for it and i also have a fair bit of webspace i just wnat some damn helpers:D

GARY,MAYBE I CAN COPY SOME OF SAMS TAPES FOR YOU.I'M GONNA BE IN DUBLIN ON 10TH DEC. RIOT ARE SUPPORTING BLOOD OR WHISKEY.I DON'T REALLY KNOW EXACTLY WHAT HE HAS BUT IF YOU KNOW OF ANY THAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR THAT HE MIGHT HAVE JUST LET ME KNOW AND I'LL SEE WHAT I CAN DO.

Colin,basically,anything. If I already have it,it doesn't matter. I'll give money for tapes/cdr's. I'll then copy them for anyone down here who wants them.
Amazing.

OK,CONSIDER IT DONE.I'LL GET IN CONTACT WITH HIM SEE WHAT HE'S GOT THEN I'LL COPY EM AND HAVE THEM FOR THE GIG ON THE 10TH. NOT SURE IF YOU'RE INTO RUDI AT ALL,BUT LOTS OF THEIR STUFF HAS BEEN COMING OUT ON GERMAN BOOTLEGS AND ALSO JHAPAN.I'VE GOT THEM ALL HERE IF YOU WANT ANY OF THEM COPIED?LET ME KNOW

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back