Black Catholics (1 Viewer)

GARYXKNIFEDX

Solutions
Website
Visit site
Anyone ever heard of them? I got an email from someone asking about them,he didn't say what he knows so far so maybe someone here knows something? Thanks.
Also,anybody ever find out anything about Cotholic Guilt?

Nah, Frank Black and the Catholics is the singer from the Pixies band. Good he/they are too. I think that person is probably talking about an old Irish band who were going to play the Harry Callaghan weekend called the 'Pretty Black Catholics'?????????

The Pretty and the Black Catholics are both old dublin bands and some of them were to do a few songs togethar as an assumed name "The Pretty Black Catholics" at the the weekend but it never happened, think too much time had past even for soemthing like that.

Aido (napalm) is probaly best equipped on here to tell ya bout them, otherwise i can put you in touch with siome people if you really want to find out stuff.

bohs punks said:
i can put you in touch with siome people if you really want to find out stuff.

Pleas do,I know nothing about them but would like to at least find out something for the person that asked. Thanks.

were they a band that paudge behan (brendan behans son) was in? Ive definitley heard of them. I reckon boz is your man for info on this kinda thing, he did loads of research on early dublin punk for a book a few years ago

Black Catholics were more of an early Dublin punk crew.The Pretty were a band proper and were going around the same as Napsalm Sunday and the
Keltic Klan.Bands like System X,Side FX and the Threat may have had something to do with the Black Catholics. Could be wrong on that one though.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Thanks for all the info,I'll pass it on,does anyone now if they recorded? Or are any of them contactable?

Napsalm Sunday recorded a very good demo.The threat released a
7" - Lullabye in C/High cost of living . Deko would be your man for
really old Dublin punk demo/live tapes. Brum from the Pretty is a regular
at Bohs bar on match nites.Conor could steer you his way.Drunken Jury
and Abnormal are another 2 bands who recorded and are well worth checking out if you have'nt done already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back