Black Catholics (1 Viewer)

I got some of those Rudi ones,but not all of them.
It wasn't me getting the Offensive Weapon demo,I think it was through Sam though.
I thought the Shame Academy thing wasn't out yet?
Mac,do you have many of the old Warzone tapes?

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
I'm very much into getting copies of any old irish punk bands recordings together in one place. I get asked about stuff all the time and as my tapes all went missing years ago I don't have very much left.
I'll do tape trades or buy tapes/old records off anyone who has any. Wether it's to my taste or not.

I could have a chat with Deko about getting a load of old tapes together
if you like.Being a bit of a technophobe I'm not sure how you'd go about
converting them to CD but i imagine it can be done. It would be a nice idea
for some of the older Irish stuff to be accessed in one place.

kaltkrieg said:
I could have a chat with Deko about getting a load of old tapes together
if you like.Being a bit of a technophobe I'm not sure how you'd go about
converting them to CD but i imagine it can be done. It would be a nice idea
for some of the older Irish stuff to be accessed in one place.

If you would that would be great. I don't know Deko myself or I would've asked him a long time ago.
I'm a bit of a technophobe myself,but I could put stuff on minidisc in the meantime. This could make me finally learn how to puttape/vinyl onto cd.

NOT SO SURE IF THE SHAME ACADAMY CD IS OFFICIALLY RELEASED YET BUT I KNOW THERE'S A FEW FLOATING AROUND IN BELFAST.I THINK IT'S ON COMBAT ROCK FROM FRANCE LABEL.

SHOULD'VE CHECKED FIRST REALLY.....PUNK ROCK FOR DMMIES WAS RELEASED 27TH SEPT. ON COMBAT ROCK.IT COSTS 12 EURO DIRECT FROM THE LABEL.

feckin RUDI what an amazing band, i manged to pick up, 'WHEN I WAS DEAD' for a euro at one of those dun laoighire record fairs, soo good

and as i said before gary if youy want something converted from tape or vinyl to mp3/cd its pretty easy for me to do so

Some goodstuff there indeed.
Anyone manage to get any recordings of old irish bands?
Does anybody remember Bloody Jellies? did they record?

only found this forum today so let me put a few things straight about the black catholics....I suppose we were a finglas band except for one(me) from stoneybatter and to a man staunch Bohs supporters. We did play live only once however, in the dandelion market think it was may '79 supporting the letters. I've read stuff here and there "they werent a band but a gang" "they battered bono" "they were sectarian" blah blah...we were a band but some mates liked to chant our name when they were drunkenly acting the maggot at u2, b**mto*n r*ts and other no mark 'new wave' acts gigs. The media of the day latched on to it and for a time the mention of the Black Catholics would send many a 'poshie' running for cover. So in the end I suppose the gang thing and turning over gigs became what people associated the name with. Some names have been mentioned as regards the personnel.. Brum though still a good mate wasnt in the band neither was brendan behans son:confused: and yeah we wanted to play at Harrys gig but due to the fact that our drummer lives in australia and a guitarist in new york it wasnt really on. Lastly,someone said our singer died 'mysteriously', I can tell you there was nothing mysterious just tragic about his passing. He was a young kid only 18 and we still miss him. Anyway thanks for the interest.

only found this forum today so let me put a few things straight about the black catholics....I suppose we were a finglas band except for one(me) from stoneybatter and to a man staunch Bohs supporters. We did play live only once however, in the dandelion market think it was may '79 supporting the letters. I've read stuff here and there "they werent a band but a gang" "they battered bono" "they were sectarian" blah blah...we were a band but some mates liked to chant our name when they were drunkenly acting the maggot at u2, b**mto*n r*ts and other no mark 'new wave' acts gigs. The media of the day latched on to it and for a time the mention of the Black Catholics would send many a 'poshie' running for cover. So in the end I suppose the gang thing and turning over gigs became what people associated the name with. Some names have been mentioned as regards the personnel.. Brum though still a good mate wasnt in the band neither was brendan behans son:confused: and yeah we wanted to play at Harrys gig but due to the fact that our drummer lives in australia and a guitarist in new york it wasnt really on. Lastly,someone said our singer died 'mysteriously', I can tell you there was nothing mysterious just tragic about his passing. He was a young kid only 18 and we still miss him. Anyway thanks for the interest.

Remember some Black Catholics graffiti around the area i grew up in. The lads where from Finglas East were they? Might know some of them through family & friends.

awesome,thanks for the info. Now,what about any recordings?

No we never got to record anything, to be honest back in the dark days of the seventies ;) we just didnt have a clue how to go about it or any money either. I do have a c60 cassette tape of one of our shambolic rehearsals you know the type: arguing among ourselves, tellin the drummer to shut up, the usual stuff. The sound is pretty atrocious but as its the only one in existence I think its great!
Three of the lads were from ballymun avenue and around(posh eh?:D) and the other lad from finglas west.

I'd heard there was a song on a compilation tape? Any truth in that? Maybe the song was from the rehearsal tape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back