new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

as solid as sakho was, hope agger back for next weekend

the sight of touré coming on was frightening today. managed one dodgy header in his 5 min cameo too. good man Kolo.

according to my fantasy football team, yaya has a knock. nothing too serious I suppose?

can't get my head around all the media (pretty much) claiming next week a 'winner takes all' decider. is playing chelsea at home and two relegation bound teams away seen as a stroll in the park all of a sudden?
So am I right in saying that
Liverpool win, City and Chelski can't win the league by simply winning the rest of their games But Liverpool can.

City win, Liverpool can't win the league by winning all of their remaining games City can Chelski can't.

A draw and City can win it by a single point by winning all their remaining games but Chelski and Liverpool can't and since they have to play each other so both of them can't win all their remaining games ?

This happened in Germany a few years ago but there were 6 teams involved going into the final month. It was fucking nuts.

Anyway, it's maybe not winner takes all but it's certainly winner takes a massive step towards the title.

By the way You lot really do deserve it this season. Played some great stuff and against top opposition. Basically the exact opposite of last season.

yup, those scenrios are spot on

cheers cattle. would like to see the toffees make the top 4. arsenal and united grafting out results in eastern europe on a thursday night sounds hilarious

yup, those scenrios are spot on

cheers cattle. would like to see the toffees make the top 4. arsenal and united grafting out results in eastern europe on a thursday night sounds hilarious
Getting our arses handed to us by Bayern, Atletico and Napoli would make you lot smile a bit too, I'm sure.

It'd be a great adventure but I fear it may come a bit too soon. If we can tie up our loanees based on qualification, that's great, but in reality we're Europa League standard and honestly I'd rather see us win a trophy.

That's not really a massive criticism since you could hardly say that any team in the PL is really up to the CL standard at the moment.

Liverpool would be a match for most to be fair, they've got a bit of Atletico about them in terms of their grit and directness, you can imagine them surprising the likes of Barca or PSG but I'm not sure your midfield could live with Bayern or Real though. Still it'll be great not having to watch United draw sides from Turkey and Greece in their group or Arsenal stutter their way out because they get battered by bigger tougher lads.

Getting our arses handed to us by Bayern, Atletico and Napoli would make you lot smile a bit too, I'm sure.

ah yeah. of course.

having said that, without turning this into a merseyside love-in, would always prefer to see the likes of utd, chelsea and city suffering hammerings over everton. or arsenal. liverpool fan i know, from Limerick, claims to 'hate' everton more than any other PL team because of the whole local rivalry thing. almost feels an obligation to hate them. complete bullshit. i can understand this obviously if you're from the place but im pretty sure the vast majority of liverpool fans outside of the north west of england hate/like everton as much as any other team in the league outside of the usual suspects from the top 4/5 or whatever.

city at goodison could be massive in determining the outcome of the league. if pool city draw for example

gotta love being involved in a title run-in again

ah yeah. of course.

having said that, without turning this into a merseyside love-in, would always prefer to see the likes of utd, chelsea and city suffering hammerings over everton. or arsenal. liverpool fan i know, from Limerick, claims to 'hate' everton more than any other PL team because of the whole local rivalry thing. almost feels an obligation to hate them. complete bullshit. i can understand this obviously if you're from the place but im pretty sure the vast majority of liverpool fans outside of the north west of england hate/like everton as much as any other team in the league outside of the usual suspects from the top 4/5 or whatever.

city at goodison could be massive in determining the outcome of the league. if pool city draw for example

gotta love being involved in a title run-in again
Most folks in Liverpool don't hate Everton/Liverpool. There's always been a great respect between the two clubs and between the fans there. You'd never see this kind of thing in Manchester or anywhere else in football really

img_pod_Everton-Liverpool-tribute-Hillsborough-disaster-1809-pod.jpg
article-2204056-1510C2F2000005DC-176_634x479.jpg

On a list of teams I hate Liverpool wouldn't even feature. Leeds, United, Chelski and Bohs would be top of that league every time. Barca lately because of the way they've sucked the life out of every game I've watched them in, City when they bought a load of ready mades really pissed me off too, but now that they're playing great football and because Vincent Kompany plays for them I don't mind them as much. Millwall because I live right next to the Den and their fans are fucking scum. (not as bad as Bohs though). Unlike so many Irish people I couldn't even bring myself to think about Rangers, let alone hate them, they're such a nothing club. But definitely Leeds, United and Chelski, and most Russian clubs. On the basis of their fans being absolute scum who know nothing about football. I fucking hate them and their clubs.

Actually fuck that, any club managed by Tony fucking Pulis is top of that league and always will be. I fucking hate that cunt way more than Liverpool. Liverpool play good football. Except for a recent blip they always have I can admire if not love that.

Last edited:
as solid as sakho was, hope agger back for next weekend

the sight of touré coming on was frightening today. managed one dodgy header in his 5 min cameo too. good man Kolo.

according to my fantasy football team, yaya has a knock. nothing too serious I suppose?

can't get my head around all the media (pretty much) claiming next week a 'winner takes all' decider. is playing chelsea at home and two relegation bound teams away seen as a stroll in the park all of a sudden?
I think it's more to do with destiny being in our own hands kinda thing. Whoever wins on Sunday is in control.

Yesterday felt like watching those CL semi-final games. So tense, not particularly enjoyable. Great to see Sakho back, Lucas looked great as well and played in Flanno for the second penalty. I know Allen was injured but with Lucas there the diamond looks less like a way of sneaking players into attacking positions between the lines, and more like a way of choking out the midfield to our advantage, like Chelsea did with Ballack. I think that's something we'll need to do a few times in the run-in. Sterling was unbelievable, again. He looks stronger than he did around Christmas.

Sunday will be an incredible game. It's the Hillsborough anniversary weekend too which always raises the volume at anfield a bit, and reminds the team that football really isn't all that important. Rodgers will be telling the team all week that they should have beaten City in the last three games. We can beat them if the first team is on form.

Most folks in Liverpool don't hate Everton/Liverpool. There's always been a great respect between the two clubs and between the fans there. You'd never see this kind of thing in Manchester or anywhere else in football really.
Correctamundo. I have a soft spot for Everton and would love to see them in the Champions league. Mind you, I like Hull as well.

Also that you can't really see City dropping points in the remainder of their games. Every other game - apart from Everton - is against teams in the bottom half of the table.
Liverpool also have Chelsea to contend with, which to my mind makes them more likely to drop points.

A draw on Sunday suits City more than it does LFC. Liverpool need a win more than City do.

So it turns out Sakho really is fucking mental

Before I joined Liverpool I fought at a Paris gym owned by the kickboxing champion Aurelien Duarte and I trained with his cornerman Alex - a crazy Serb. Alex said I have levels of fury he has not seen in some fighters.
"Before the France-Ukraine game I prepared as though I was going into a boxing ring, intending to tear my opponents apart. I told myself that nobody was going to get past me.

"The fury I had in me that night still remains in me. It could be anger about the way my life has gone.

Mamadou Sakho says he is "ready for combat" in Liverpool FC's title race clash against Man City - Liverpool Echo

according to manuel pellegrini, kompany might not be 100%. talked about seeing if he can get through the warm-up. did his knee yesterday

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back