new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (7 Viewers)

that felt like a three hour game or something. unbelievable. felt they were dead and buried after city's second went in. beautifully taken third by coutinho. could have skyed that so easily. the word 'epic' is bandied about too often these days but if they can land this league, closing it out with performances like they've shown for the last couple of months....fucking hell

gutted hendo not in the team for next 3 games. no way will gerrard be moved up. hopefully anyway. allen. maybe lucas to slot in.

fair dues to stevie for getting over the line and avoiding the 10 yellow cards. man must be hanging for a booking at this stage. suarez lucky not to get a second booking today. too much diving and whining today. really frustrating to watch. don't think himself and sturridge linked up once. great to see goals coming from other sources though. sterling was phenomenal, again.

hon the pool!

an amazing combination of first half poetry in motion and second half luck/bloody-mindedness/wonderstrike. sterling has won praise for his improvement under Rodgers but now has to be considered one of the best players in the league, he is thrilling to watch. mon the reds YNWA

that moment in the second half where he was in liverpool's half, 2 or 3 blue shirts around him, facing the kop and just seemed to turn and glide towards the edge of city's box. final ball was absolutely brutal to be fair but the confidence to go on runs like that now, it's bloody amazing

Yeah I know the bit you mean, and he did the same a few times last week against Nolan. Amazing control and strength, and always in space on the break. The top of the diamond formation is a mix of holding it up and also making attacking runs, and he knows when to do both. Apparently he had the fewest touches of all the outfielders yesterday but he makes them count. Then when swtiched to the wing he was still up pressing everything. The throw-in for the winner was Demichelis belting it out of play, knowing that Sterling was somewhere behind him.

Big worry now is whether Lucas or Allen can give Gerrard the options and the cover that Henderson has given, and Sturridge's hamstring. Huge loss for the next three games.

Man.

I thought we'd blown it, or rather, I thought City's quality was just going to over power us but thank fuck for that slice of luck from kompany. It's a huge win, really all you could ask for against a really really good City team. Silva's goal was stunning and they were slowly getting into menacing form by the time they equalized. Milner nearly turned the game but I can't fault the team's efforts in holding onto the win. Coutinho had fluffed two chances horribly so that goal will give him huge confidence going forward. He'll need it too because Henderson's suspension is a massive blow. I'm glad it's Norwich next and not Chelsea because Rodgers has to get the midfield bang on for the next 'decider'. Will Allen or Lucas be more useful in Henderson's position? I'm also concerned about not only about Sturridge's injury but his form too. If he's not 100% I'd consider resting him against Norwich as he looked tired and was a bit wasteful with what little he got of the ball. Fascinating prospects these next few games. YNWA!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back