Zu, Ten Past Seven & Bats (sept 29) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 18
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 3

u:m

u:mack
Present
zu
Ten Past Seven
Bats
Tuesday Sept 29
Crawdaddy
Doors 7.30pm
Tickets €12 From Road, Sound Cellar, Spindizzy, City Discs & online at www.tickets.ie/umack

www.myspace.com/zuband
www.myspace.com/leatherbeatsfeather
www.myspace.com/tenpastseven
www.myspace.com/umackproductions

The mighty Italian Three Piece Zu return to Dublin on Tuesday Sept 29. Recently signed to Ipecac recodings, their latest album “Carboniferous” features collaborations with Mike Patton and King Buzzo of The Melvins.
the show has two really great support acts, Corks Ten Past Seven, and Dublin's Bats

ZU
Zu, the Roman metal/math/no-wave/free noise/punk/jazz trio, is perhaps best known as a band who have had an unbelievable line-up of recording partners which includes The Stooges’ Steve Mackay, Fugazi’s Joe Lally and Guy Picciotto, Sonic Youth’s Thurston Moore, Can’s Damo Suzuki, jazz masters Ken Vandermark and Mats Gustafsson, percussionists Han Bennink and Hamid Drake, improvisationalist Eugene Chadbourne and the like-minded Nobukazu Takemura. Now making their Ipecac debut, Carboniferous follows a year of performing overseas with label owner Mike Patton and features contributions from both the aforementioned Patton and The Melvins’ King Buzzo. Further cementing the Ipecac – Zu relationship is the rumored new BigBand, this one coupling Zu and dälek.

The Italian trio of Jacopo Battaglia (drums), Massimo Pupillo (bass) and Luca T. Mai (saxophone) formed in 1999 after having worked together in local theater. Driven by a punk rock work ethic, Zu have played an astounding number of over 1,000 gigs worldwide including Europe, North America, Asia, Russia, and even Africa. The have released fourteen albums to date.

“...combining the abstractions of Sonic Youth with the out-there explorations of the best free jazz” – The Times

Zu were amazing at Primavera!
Carboniferous is also amazing!
This is amazing news!

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...ndID=15294221&albumID=187762&imageID=58608526

the skin peeling off my foot has stopped splitting, peeling, bleeding puss and is now showing signs of healing. Now that is amazing news. The Zu / Bats news either pales into insignificance or is great news depending on whose foot it is.

as spokesman for my foot. i say it is very good News.

I'm assuming I will be ok to get tix on the door for this?

Jesus Lizard last Tuesday then this!
I haven't had this much fun on Tuesdays in aaaages!

Cannot wait for this show!!

Hope they play a bunch of older stuff from Igneo etc...

some of the older stuff is really amazing live.

rough stage times, if things run smoothly Zu will go a little earlier

The Kites 7.45
BATS 8.30
Ten Past Seven 9.15
ZU 10pm

Didn't see a second of Zu, had to leave to catch the last bus. Bring back the fucking midweek nitelink!

Daycent gig otherwise.

Didn't see a second of Zu, had to leave to catch the last bus. Bring back the fucking midweek nitelink!

That's gonna happen when there's 3(!!) support bands ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back