your house on fire. save one object. (1 Viewer)

1. My jewelery box
2. The most easily portable of my 'valuables'.
3. Every single piece in it has a story and warm memories attached - including some sad ones.

Laptop / photos (although most are scanned and on the laptop)

i thought laptop too.
why? - because it stores all my work, PhD, research, designs, music, photos, it's my phone/instant messenger, radio and tv, dvd player and games console (i never really play games though)
emotional attacment - the amount of hours I have invested in teh information and designs on it.

vinnie. would you save a badly burning house from the inside?

i thought laptop too.
why? - because it stores all my work, PhD, research, designs, music, photos, it's my phone/instant messenger, radio and tv, dvd player and games console (i never really play games though)
emotional attacment - the amount of hours I have invested in teh information and designs on it.

All my music is on there (with moving so much I don't bother with any other form any more), all my photographs, and everything I have ever wrote. Sadly, my life is on it. I should really get an external hard drive to back it up.

laptop as well. similar reasons - i move around a lot and it has all my photos, music, films, college and work stuff on it. at the same time though it makes me kinda sad to think thatd be the one thing id go for...
something sad about having stuff that means a lot to you compressed into a slab of metal/plastic. but ultra convenient like :p

i would have thought laptop simply because it is most likely the most expensive to replace. i have no emotional attachment to my laptop or "lappy" as i call her.

All my music is on there (with moving so much I don't bother with any other form any more), all my photographs, and everything I have ever wrote. Sadly, my life is on it. I should really get an external hard drive to back it up.

same. i buy a lot of records too but would prob fall down the stairs and break my neck tryna carry them to get away from the hypothetical fire. need to get an external hard drive too, majorly fucked if the auld laptop died

Thinking about this, I live on the top floor of an old building. No fire escape and a very long drop down. Only one way out. That can't be legal, can it? I'll die clutching my laptop so no one finds out all my secrets.

the wife and children.
they're alright really and they owe me money.

all you guys with the laptops are taking a huge risk...

if they mean so much to ya'll, id suggest either/or spending some moneys and getting an external harddrive and back that shit up!!
or get a stack of dvds and burn baby burn!

seriously. recipe for disaster.

all you guys with the laptops are taking a huge risk...

if they mean so much to ya'll, id suggest either/or spending some moneys and getting an external harddrive and back that shit up!!
or get a stack of dvds and burn baby burn!

seriously. recipe for disaster.
the man speaks the truth. my hard drive crashed in a non-fire related incident a few weeks back. lost everything, except the will to live, which i just barely clung on to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back