Your Favourite Sonic Youth *BLANK* (1 Viewer)

Re: Your Favourite Sonic Youth Album

a thousand leaves? judging byt he sy.com board, i'm the only person who has no time for that album

best for me is Daydream Nation

Tho I give massive shout to Murray Street and Evol

Sister is too patchy.

coast to coast said:
a thousand leaves? judging byt he sy.com board, i'm the only person who has no time for that album

well it is fantastic. kim as usual steals the show (get those vomiting noises on "the ineffable me" - :eek: .|..| ).

Miss Piggy said:
well it is fantastic. kim as usual steals the show (get those vomiting noises on "the ineffable me" - :eek: .|..| ).
yeh weirdly i do like the kim songs of that record - whats the one that goes "free time!"? but overall it just sounds too stoned and unfocused mehhh.
even the lee song is boring. give me NYC Ghosts & Flowers over it any day (yeh man beat poetry)....it has two immense tunes and three good ones and some realy stinkers!

Super-tough to say....

Would have to be 'Daydream nation' followed by 'Confusion is sex'
and that's by the narrowest margin. I haven't loved anything since 'Daydream..' quite as much.

Re: I used to like Sonic Youth

hey guys, i've just heard about this really cool new band called sunny kyewth or something like that; anyone know where i can get any of their stuff? they're from new york and have this toh-dally rockin new sound.

beetleonitsback said:
hey guys, i've just heard about this really cool new band called sunny kyewth or something like that; anyone know where i can get any of their stuff? they're from new york and have this toh-dally rockin new sound.

i picked up a blank tape in a second hand music store last year and it had some of their stuff on it. ill do ya a copy. it .|..|

I like the idea of Sonic Youth more than the reality. The first time I saw them was one of the best gigs ever,other times have not been up to that and one was truely awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back