wow - that bonkers phil anselmo race rant (1 Viewer)

Man, did anyone here go see Down when they played a while back!? Twas fukkin high-larious!! The lad could barely stand up he was so drunk!

Think this will always be my fave Phillo moment though

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can't see youtube at work but would that be the clip where he falls off the stage, gets helped back up, then starts singing before he realises he has no mic in his hand? As biohazard would say "what a fuckin waste".

Can't see youtube at work but would that be the clip where he falls off the stage, gets helped back up, then starts singing before he realises he has no mic in his hand? As biohazard would say "what a fuckin waste".

Nah, it's him piss drunk in his gaff(!?) talking about Dimebag get his mug shot off and crying loads about the "metal media".

Classy stuff...

Nah, it's him piss drunk in his gaff(!?) talking about Dimebag getting his mug shot off and crying loads about the "metal media" and such.

Classy stuff...

I lost interest in metal in about 94/95...I still like what i liked back then (1st four metallica albums, Pantera, sepultura beneath the remains & arise & a few other things) but one of the things that started to turn me off it, apart from just growing out of it was the meat head machismo that goes with a lot of this stuff, anselmo, zakk wylde...whoever...makes me cringe

I went to see his other band Down last year. Was hilarious in a "I wanna die because this is so embarassing" way. He talked shit about how brilliant Down were between songs for about 10 minutes literally. Then there was the poor girl who come on stage to fix a mic that had fallen down or something who he grabbed and wouldnt let go while she struggled to get away from his dry humping of her in front of thousands of people. He even forgot that he was in Belfast and started dedicating songs to Manchester.

Though he got ripped out big style when he asked for requests and the crowd shouted for Pantera songs. Egg all over his face.

What a fool!

gee,Anselmo's a rascist?How did I not see that coming?Oh..waaaaaaait a minute..isn't there this song on "Vulgar Display of Power"?:

"In the states
There's a problem with race
Because of ignorant past burned fires
From evolution
We've been killing each other
I figure man should have it down to a science

No chance
Not for a minute
Not for a second
I won't be defensive
I'm straight out
In my opinion
You'd better listen to a man who knows what he's saying
I've seen your side
You run and hide for the mere fact that you feel inferior
Be superior
And know your interior

(Pre) Race, pride, prejudice
Black man, white man
No stand
Live in the past
We make it last
A hated mass
No solution
Mind pollution
For revolution

(Chorus) So low behold my eyes
This land of fools will rise
No good
For no one
You're no good
For no one

You blame oppression and play the role of criminals
To rape and burn shows progress is minimal
White hoods and militants you know it's such a pity
Living, breathing
Violence in your city

If one man
Had one home
In one world
He'd live alone
Without variety
Full of anxiety
No one to point at, question
Or even talk to -- in his private grave
No matter what color
He wouldn't be saved, From hell
He dwells
A closed mind playing the part of prison cells"

gee..I always wondered what he was talking about.

twat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back