worst irish XI (1 Viewer)

Franco

try this for starters..

nicky colgan (bit harsh, but couldn't remember many shit goalies)
def: chris morris, paul butler, alan kernaghan, john o shea (on current form)
mid: eddie mcgoldrick, gareth farelly,liam miller, alan moore,
for: micky evans, glen crowe

ah ah/the babber has a decent world cup under his belt.
kilbane deserves this tho.
and jon goodman.
and ken demange.
and .. well, where do we stop?

Kilbane? don't be ridiculous.

colgan shouldn't be there.

kernaghan should be captain of the shit Irish XI. And make space for Liam O'Brien and Gary Doherty.

Up front... how about:
Johnny Glynn
Tony Cousins

And that goalkeeper who was the third choice during the reign of Gerry Peyton and Packie Bonner - he had an odd name.

Kwame Ampadu in midfield?

your forgetting mcateer, harte, DOHERTY!! definetly babb i would put robbie keane in there just because i hate him!

At their worst moments, these men deserve inclusion:

Phil Babb making his international comeback against Russia, his first touch is the ball smacking into his face for an own goal.

Ian Harte, for his general confidence-fest against Spain in 2002 and missing the penalty.

My friend H, has never forgiven Kilbane for missing the rebound. Hates him more Keano.

Milo Minderbinder said:
Up front... how about:
Johnny Glynn
Tony Cousins

And that goalkeeper who was the third choice during the reign of Gerry Peyton and Packie Bonner - he had an odd name.

Kwame Ampadu in midfield?
Kwame never akkerly played for ireland tho. he just is from ireland. much like myself.

Mickey evans tho, paul butler and that maken cunt.

i'd have kilbane ahead of babb any day.

c'mon now, as bad as o'shea is at the mo, he's no alan kernaghan!

babbs own goal was a historic low for an irish footballer, no doubt, but who could forget terry phelans hands to the face against macedonia, that gave them their penalty to set them up for the win.
phelan was some headless chicken in his day.

Be the Hokey said:
c'mon now, as bad as o'shea is at the mo, he's no alan kernaghan!

babbs own goal was a historic low for an irish footballer, no doubt, but who could forget terry phelans hands to the face against macedonia, that gave them their penalty to set them up for the win.
phelan was some headless chicken in his day.

Na I disagree. I think Terry Phelan was actually a fuckin great player whose entire international career was marred by two incidents, the Holland goal and that Macedonia thing which spelled the end for him. Apart from that I think he was solid and an excellent option on the wing. You could say the same about Harte, except that he is actually just shite.
You're right about Alan Kernaghan though!

Phelan was fast, and he could fairly tackle with a crunch, but that was about the height of it. my abiding memory of phelan was him pegging down the wing without looking up and running over the goal line. many many times.
but you're right. i definitely wouldn't put him in a 'worst 11'.

Big Phelan fan here too. Me and a mate were at his last game for Ireland, the friendly against Scotland. We gave Terry a big cheer and plenty of encouragement when he came on (was his first game back after a long gap). We were by the touchline and he was bombing up and down the wing on our side of the pitch. He must have heard us cos at the end of the match he made a point of coming over and applauding us!

GO ON TERRY!

What a legend. I remember that Scotland match, fuck that was shite. Best thing about it was that I was watching it in the pub, and after the match they switched it over to England v Australia and the pub started going nuts cause the Ozzies were 2-0 up or something! Then about 2 minutes later they scored a third, biggest cheer of the night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back