Work.. how do you stand it? (2 Viewers)

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Solutions
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
I'm in an office this week and when I'm not subjected to Rhonda Sheppard (yes, rhonda sheppard!) it's RHCP's Under the Bridge over

and over

and over

again.

:confused:

I nearly quit a job in a posh restaurant because they had VONDA Sheppard and Paul Brady and the SUgababes first single on a 6 CD mulitplayer. I told them of my intention to leave and the reasons for such action and they laughed and thought I was joking.
So I listened and got more and more homicidal.
Politely suggested that I could bring in some *other*nice easy listening music.
Cardigans were too heavy, apparently. But Stevie stayed, of course. Thank heavens for Stevie.

Anthony, maybe you could just stick your fingers in your ears all day long going lalalalalaalalalalalalalala, that's what i do, and i don't even have a proper job.

i was gonna kill everyone in work, well, just cus, but now i'm gonna kill everyone at 104 fm and 98 fm instead. it'll save in bullets and axes.

I run the stereo in work

once in a blue moon some muppet gets their Ministry Ibiza box set on

but not often

Generally its Gerry Ryan in the morning (I know, I know, but it makes me laugh) a dash of Larry till lunch, then the Pantone Party Mix for there on in.

A typical afternoon would be The Beach Boys, Curtis Mayfield and something chilled from the Sterolab or High Llamas or some such on shuffle. nice.

..yeah aoife, I understand your pain, I once left a job in a rest u rant over the repetition of shit rod stuart songs. When I complained that it was not natural to listen to the same c.d for six months..I was told to grow up..i started that process by calling the manager a musical nazi and dumping coke down his neck and leggin it..I love bein a grown up...
:D

music is bollix.

i'm listening to joni mitchell right now. it's fucking bollix.

Originally posted by Pantone247

A typical afternoon would be The Beach Boys, Curtis Mayfield and something chilled from the Sterolab or High Llamas or some such on shuffle. nice.

Sounds dandy that does. The Beach Boys in work is a real timekiller. I loves them and their beach vibes. Oh and Curtis 'If there's a Hell Below'. Class :)

we have to use headphones at work anyway so the bosses don't mind what we listen too. usually see what p kenny has to say to the world, then on with the choons. t'was glen branca and faith no more at high volume this morning.
defo the best thing about my job.

funnily enough i was gonna post a thread about this sorta schtuff.

every weekend i have arguements in the pub where i work about the music.
i would normally do dj every other week but the times i'm not on i just stick on cds.
so sunday afternoon last i got serious abuse from the owner for playing mumblin deaf ro's album in the whole pub.
he said it was stupid suicide music.
i called him a idiot. we stared at each other for a second, then he put on a 'euphoria' cd.

fucks sake!

we used to be able to listen to music on headphones until someone was fired and we were told we're all lazy. now we just listen to each depressed breathwe all take.
in
out.

in...

and out.

in....

headphones here also. mostly stuff with no words for working, cos i gets distractified.

however, at the moment, it's "loveless". mmm. yum.

Eddie Rockets: worked there for 3 years and learned more about 60's & 70's pop than is necessary. Fucking great tunes on the jukeboxes though, really.

Job now: Poncey art-wank cafe..... learnt loads about bizarre modern classical composers, french 60's kitch shit, American folk singers from before my time.... another learning experience.

It's not always bad.

the title of this thread... when i see it now it's: work, how do you stand it, absolutely nuttin, say it again.

we have a theme tune.

Originally posted by lorcanzo
as well you must know, telling people i'm from 'skerries' is usually met with sheep noises and jokes about being from meath really and having to get a passport to enter the city and all that...

just pre-emptin them, like.

what fucker said that!

I'll batter them Lorky, I'll batter them deaded!

what pub are you working in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back