Words and phrases that are soooo...meh! Like meh (2 Viewers)

I'm currently drowning in an acronym soup of new terminology at my new job.

But lately I've heard "en Marge" to mean on the margins and a million grotesque veterinarian terms I never wish to visit on anyone else.

"unfathomable"

Specifically when used to talk about a man who has drowned.

You'd think a bunch of comic actors would know better.

The lastest usage of iconic is annoying. it'll probably be less trendy in a while but something can exist 30 seconds now and be iconic.
once upon a time:

1650s, "of or pertaining to a portrait," from Late Latin iconicus, from Greek eikonikos "pertaining to an image," from eikon "likeness, image, portrait" (see icon). In art, applied to statues of victorious athletes, sovereigns, etc., 1801.

I don't think we are churning out marbleworks for people on say yes to the dress for generations to come to ponder tbh.

The word they are looking for is possible 'recognisable'.

The lastest usage of iconic is annoying. it'll probably be less trendy in a while but something can exist 30 seconds now and be iconic.
once upon a time:

I don't think we are churning out marbleworks for people on say yes to the dress for generations to come to ponder tbh.

Do you see yourself as some sort of modern iconoclast then?

"Losing their shit"

It's a terrible saying.
Look, if you don't want to "lose your shit" shit in a box, or a bag and put it in the attic or the shed.
Okay.

once upon a time:

Also "legend" and "diva"

Squirelly

Squirrels are acting normal squirrel all the time. I'd be ok with it if like, someone was hiding in trees or sleeping through winter but it's a fashionalble now and people are i've heard it a few times recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back