Wordle (21 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 2K
  • Views 69K
  • Watchers 4
I was reading this and I thought "I've an idea, I should write some code to work these out".

Until I realised I was literally looking at the outputs of some code someone already wrote to work these out.

Jesus christ like.
I don't have a code
Just read a bunch of shit on best start words when I decided that 3s were gonna be my thing

I love by a code though!

I don't have a code
Just read a bunch of shit on best start words when I decided that 3s were gonna be my thing

I love by a code though!
oh, I meant... like, computer program. I thought I should write a little program to solve these things. While looking at a program written to solve these things.

Will ChatGPT actually figure out how to best solve Wordle?

Or just scrape the internet to see what people have said about solving WOrdle?

Is that even AI?

class HelloWordle {
public static void main(String[] args) {
System.out.println("Hello, Wordle - thumped is for pricks!");
}
}
Occasionally i take the uncool position of saying "accchhhhually Java is a perfectly fine language". And then I see that atrocity of a print statement, and it puts me back in my box for a year or so.

Will ChatGPT actually figure out how to best solve Wordle?

Or just scrape the internet to see what people have said about solving WOrdle?

Is that even AI?
I wouldn't have thought AI is the way to solve it.
It should be just a straight combinatorics / stats problem, easy to optimize if you have your permitted word set.

I haven't been able to work out if it's optimal for a computer to do your two word regardless rule, intuitively I find it hard to believe it is.
A computer should be able to constantly maximally decrease the set of outcomes, from the zeroth step on?

I interviewed someone recently who was a COBOL programmer until a year ago
i think a lot of the guts of numpy, and various maths libs, are Fortran.
I'd say you'd earn a fairly decent wage writing COBOL, you'd be working for some wanker bank for starters.

I'd say you'd earn a fairly decent wage writing COBOL, you'd be working for some wanker bank for starters.
I mean like it's not like anyone's doing it for teh art of it, are they?

Get your coding skills and go work for the wankiest highest-paying bank you can find and bail after 10 years with a stash

Or am I missing something?

I mean like it's not like anyone's doing it for teh art of it, are they?

Get your coding skills and go work for the wankiest highest-paying bank you can find and bail after 10 years with a stash

Or am I missing something?

Not sure. I did small contract work for CitiBank, it felt like pointless, soulless, bollocks. Science isn't boring, fixing dumb errors in some database is boring to the point of not being able to do the job.

I'm not sure I could work fulltime at this stuff if I didn't give a shit about it, or even actively dislike. It's at least much harder for me to do stuff if I suspect it's pointless.

Although you'd likely get paid decent money up until you burn out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Poor Creature
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back