wolfhound last night? (1 Viewer)

brianMy Remorse

Website
www.myremorse.com
i fecking couldnt go and was really looking forward to seein easpa measa and it wasthe last gig in the wolfhound.
i just read on another forum though that some local cork scum started a fight outside the pub and broke 2 windows and the cops came and stopped the gig cos of the hassle and overcrowding.fuck sake like, only in cork.

To easpa measa, i apologise on behalf of cork. ye'll have to come back soon, at least its an interesting tour story for ye to tell though. tours, they never go smoothly.

brianMy Remorse said:
i fecking couldnt go and was really looking forward to seein easpa measa and it wasthe last gig in the wolfhound.
i just read on another forum though that some local cork scum started a fight outside the pub and broke 2 windows and the cops came and stopped the gig cos of the hassle and overcrowding.fuck sake like, only in cork.

To easpa measa, i apologise on behalf of cork. ye'll have to come back soon, at least its an interesting tour story for ye to tell though. tours, they never go smoothly.
Hmm..when ALREADY DEAD and MAKILADORAS were there last year, the ROAS lads actually broke up a potential fight where some lad either did or was about to smack his girlfriend.Is that a particularly good part of town for fights?

needtokill said:
Hmm..when ALREADY DEAD and MAKILADORAS were there last year, the ROAS lads actually broke up a potential fight where some lad either did or was about to smack his girlfriend.Is that a particularly good part of town for fights?
indeed tis a fine part of town to frequent if you're looking for a good kicking.

easpa measa didn't get to play, which was shit. ten past seven played and nevrotic explosion played half a set before four of the windows got smashed and the gig got stopped. it was regulars only all day and all night but it was still mad over capacity, it was rammed, i'd say roper turned about 150 people away. the ambulance had already been down at about half nine because some guy got his head split open on the footpath outside. no fighting inside though, just alot of crowd surfing and cheap foreign beer. i'm really sorry easpa measa didn't get to play.
i had a fucking great night though.

yeah mad night, thanks anyway!! and for trying to sort out an alternative venue. pity the french lads were only punk by image and not attitude.
i wonder if the smashed windows had anything to do with the guy getting his head smashed in by the bouncer?.......anyway shit happens and anyone in dublin ya have to see 10 past 7 this thursday one of the best bands ive seen in ages really fucking rocking .

byrneos said:
yeah mad night, thanks anyway!! and for trying to sort out an alternative venue. pity the french lads were only punk by image and not attitude.

what do you mean, did something happen with them afterwards? i thought they were really sound guys.

yeah it was a fucking mad night up until that point, practically the whole venue was a moshpit! crazy... but once again Cork proves itself to be a complete scumhole, we couldnt have one last night in the Wolfhound without it being ruined by scum. fuckers.

sorry to easpa measa, come back down and we'll try to make it a bottling-free experience!

highlight of the night was without a doubt Leo, what a legend!

Alan Remorse said:
what do you mean, did something happen with them afterwards? i thought they were really sound guys.

yeah it was a fucking mad night up until that point, practically the whole venue was a moshpit! crazy... but once again Cork proves itself to be a complete scumhole, we couldnt have one last night in the Wolfhound without it being ruined by scum. fuckers.

sorry to easpa measa, come back down and we'll try to make it a bottling-free experience!

highlight of the night was without a doubt Leo, what a legend!

Sure Leo is always a highlight of the night.

byrneos said:
i wonder if the smashed windows had anything to do with the guy getting his head smashed in by the bouncer.
funny enough, it was a seperate head-smashing. a couple fighting outside the taxi rank, the wolfhound bouncers intervene, it turns into a brawl in the middle of the road and the couple get together and smash the windows. my buddy works in the bar across the road, he said it was surreal watching this going on on the road with the wolf in the background, heaving from the weight of a couple of hundred people leaping around the place.

the frenchies apologised repeatedly. if we were going to have a house gig we would've had to borrow all their gear, and some of it had already been trashed on the tour so they said no. pity, but anyway. they were really nice people, if that counts for anything.

don't suppose anyone was taking pictures?

i thought they were really nice guys. if they got some of their gear wrecked you gotta expect them being a bit anxious i suppose. wish i had gone to this, its gonna be one of those things that everyone talks about on a night out and ill be there twiddling my thumbs...dododo

yea kris was kaking pics all night, he got the film from his camera but he lost his camera...... dunno how that works but he is krazy kris

yeh its a real pity what happened in the wolfhound but thats life ... thanks to rhona for puttin the gig on , and leo for the food/ridiculous tragedy phone logo,and everybody who came! ten past seven are probably the best band in ireland , fact!

hopefully we can organise something down there again soon.

treelo said:
funny enough, it was a seperate head-smashing. a couple fighting outside the taxi rank, the wolfhound bouncers intervene, it turns into a brawl in the middle of the road and the couple get together and smash the windows. my buddy works in the bar across the road, he said it was surreal watching this going on on the road with the wolf in the background, heaving from the weight of a couple of hundred people leaping around the place.

the frenchies apologised repeatedly. if we were going to have a house gig we would've had to borrow all their gear, and some of it had already been trashed on the tour so they said no. pity, but anyway. they were really nice people, if that counts for anything.

don't suppose anyone was taking pictures?
hey i saw the bottle thing happening aswell pretty mad to watch one of the bottles nearly got ken . as for the french lads i don't really care but only the same exquipment would have been used as if the gig had went on with out a hitch.so it wouldn't have killed them.fuck it ....thanks for the gig anyway as i said shit happens.

byrneos said:
hey i saw the bottle thing happening aswell pretty mad to watch one of the bottles nearly got ken . as for the french lads i don't really care but only the same exquipment would have been used as if the gig had went on with out a hitch.so it wouldn't have killed them.fuck it ....thanks for the gig anyway as i said shit happens.

as far as i know they were getting the ferry at 8 and had to be up at 6 to drive there so they didnt wat to be loading the gear up and the settting it up again

kutter_krock said:
as far as i know they were getting the ferry at 8 and had to be up at 6 to drive there so they didnt wat to be loading the gear up and the settting it up again[/QUOTE

we would have put up and taken down the gear, and they said that they'd go to the session in that house anyway same time for going to bed. but it doesn't matter.all i know is if it had been the other way round we'd have made sure or tryed or best for them to get to play.....but as i said shit happens.

ian bastardcore said:
yeh its a real pity what happened in the wolfhound but thats life ... thanks to rhona for puttin the gig on , and leo for the food/ridiculous tragedy phone logo,and everybody who came! ten past seven are probably the best band in ireland , fact!

hopefully we can organise something down there again soon.
ya 10past7 are fantastic alright. ger the drummer is only just 18. ridiculous!

let us know when ye would like to come back.
also a question, how are ye sorting out yer transport for ye're UK tour?
anyhow good luck with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back