Wobble presents JOKER, Fri 21st August @ Twisted Pepper (1 Viewer)

Don Rosco

Greetings Thumpeders! Here's Wobble's latest spam about our next gig, featuring the mighty Joker! Excitement!

Wobble presents:

JOKER (Kapsize, Hyperdub)

&

Don Rosco
T-Woc
Oshroom

@ Twisted Pepper, Friday 21st August, doors 11pm, Tenner in! Brand new Void sound system for maximum bass pressure!

What is with Bristol? The Wild Bunch, Fresh 4, Massive Attack, Tricky, Roni Size and Reprazent, Pinch, Peverelist...some lineup. There's someone else to add to the list now, only 20 years old, but a leader of the musical pack with a string of big, vibrant 12s to his name - JOKER. How has he done it? With a heavy dose of THE FUNK, some 8-bit styles and an ear for a sweet tune:

Digidesign on Hyperdub:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Purple City on Kapsize (with Ginz):

Snake Eater on Soul Motive:

Support on the night comes from Wobble Residents Don Rosco and T-Woc, and special guest Oshroom.

More! Read the guardian's take on Joker and the other two members of the 'Purple Trinity', Gemmy and Guido:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/jun/12/guido-joker-gemmy-purple-bristol

Also check his set from the Sonar just gone:

http://www.dubstepforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=94446

And if you're still not convinced, check his myspace for the latest:

http://www.myspace.com/thejokerproductions

Deadly news! Been really liking his productions this year. Digidesign is solely responsible for
getting me back interested in dubstep after a long break. Brilliant track.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6MHGb1sgYQ"]YouTube - Mary Anne Hobbs - Joker Sonar 2009[/ame]

wtf is gaslamp killer doing dancing around with his laptop
Find him really irritating. There's a 2 hour mix of all those MAH sonar sets floating about.
It's completely ruined by him shouting a load of inane shit over everyones set throughout.

Find him really irritating. There's a 2 hour mix of all those MAH sonar sets floating about.
It's completely ruined by him shouting a load of inane shit over everyones set throughout.
yep. had the bodytonic gaslamp killer mix from twisted pepper. not a bad set but completely ruined by him being a stupid mouthy cunt.

joker though, solid.

Ernesto ~ i know who you are, and that gaslampkiller set was brilliant. you're just jealous because you can't grow your hair like him !!!!

Anyway, there's passes to be had for joker this friday over at www DOT thetwistedpepper DOT com

Ernesto ~ i know who you are, and that gaslampkiller set was brilliant. you're just jealous because you can't grow your hair like him !!!!

Anyway, there's passes to be had for joker this friday over at www DOT thetwistedpepper DOT com
the 'set' was good but his 'Emcee-ing' ruined it for me.
the prick

Kept wondering what Gaslamp was up to with the laptop in that video - at one stage, I thought he was using it as some air-guitar device. Not a good look. Have that Sonar set as well, the amount of times he roars "O H M Y G O D ! " is actually frightening. Not to mention his minute by minute bulletins on myspace. Unreal dj, but jesus man, shut up.

i dont subscribe to that.
throwing cans at the crowd is an asshole thing to do. intoxication doesnt excuse that sort of behavoiur

Agreed man, i just meant that it was a suprise and a let-down cos he seemed like such a sound head before the set.
The set was a let-down too, for me anyways. During the soundcheck he played an amazing 30mins, got me mad hyped for the nite, it was kinda like that savage xlr8r mix he done recently, but then his actual set was very different, kinda all over the place. lots of startin and stoppin. Manus Goan's set before 606 was the highlight for me. quality stuff.

Yeah, his set was shite. But Manus was good. Someone told me Kid 606 wants to release some of Manus's stuff on Tigerbeat.

Yeah, his set was shite. But Manus was good. Someone told me Kid 606 wants to release some of Manus's stuff on Tigerbeat.

Yup. 606 said he's up doin an EP or sumfink on Tigerbeat.
Well deserved. Chap is class.
That set was only his 2nd or 3rd set of his own stuff ever i think.
Impressive shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back