witnness lineup (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter jp
  • Start date
  • Replies 53
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 6

jp

some o' the bands playing:

the music, supergrass, the datsuns, the polyphonic spree, john squire, the charlatans, zwan, the coral, the streets, echo & the bunnymen, damien rice, underworld

Originally posted by pssc

the music, supergrass, the datsuns, the polyphonic spree, john squire, the charlatans, zwan, the coral, the streets, echo & the bunnymen, damien rice, underworld

That's rubbish, is that it? :confused:

There'll be planty of good stuff, 2 of my favourite bands are supposed to be doing it but haven't been confirmed yet.

I couldn't possibly camp again. The smell of poo was too bad. Constantly wafting no matter where you walked in Tent-town. I'll just put on a ginger wig, grab an acoustc guitar and pretend to be some famous oirish winey cunt. Coz you know he'll be there.

the music, Pure fucking arse-dribble. I hate them so much right now
supergrass, Shite live.
the datsuns, Ohh Lord. Some Von Bondies did back vox on one of their songs. why??
the polyphonic spree, meehh. a bit gimmicky, no?
john squire, fuck him
the charlatans, fuck them
zwan, grow your hair

Re: Re: witnness lineup

the polyphonic spree

lots of friends told me I'd love this album

so I bought it

it was at this point I realised a lot of my friends think I'm a big tie dyed in the wool acid munching happy clappy bubble gum pop stoner hippy... like as if...

its ok like, but even I found it a bit over the top on the sunshine melodies and glee club good time beach blanket bingo pop

Speaking of craxy pop everyone should listen to ? and the Mysterians right about now, its amazing, bubble gum garage pop covering phil spector on acid in Mexico

Everytime I put it on I start grinning like a goon, champion stuff.

Re: Re: Re: witnness lineup

I can't listen to that Polyphonic Spree album, it's oppressively shiny. It feels someone massaging your ears with steel wool.

Originally posted by Pantone247
the polyphonic spree

its ok like, but even I found it a bit over the top on the sunshine melodies and glee club good time beach blanket bingo pop

hey you know what you'd love Pantone

Lemon Jelly

you'd really dig them, man, their vibes are a stooooooooooooone groove

they got this song, maaaan, about duucks

swimming the waaater, man

groovy

the latest Supergrass album is kack, but I didn't buy it, ha

Re: Re: Re: Re: witnness lineup

Originally posted by Anne OMalley
I can't listen to that Polyphonic Spree album, it's oppressively shiny. It feels someone massaging your ears with steel wool.

thats what getting about 8 different people to double track a simple lead vocal will do

I can't help thinking if the band was a four piece, like strip it right down to the rthym sction some guiatar, keys and harmonies and a bit of brass, it would be a kick ass indie pop album of good tunes.

still seeing them live might be a "groovy" "trip" if you were "high" on "pot"

or something

Originally posted by pssc

That reads like the T in the Park lineup. Without REM and Coldplay.

Originally posted by snakybus
hey you know what you'd love Pantone
Lemon Jelly
you'd really dig them, man, their vibes are a stooooooooooooone groove
they got this song, maaaan, about duucks
swimming the waaater, man

I like ducks

is that album any good?, some of what I've heard sounds deadly (like that ducks song, and the thing with the Chicago smaple in it, thats wonderbar!)

some of it sounds a bit poor mans Daft Punk or something

Yoota Today

Spot on. They manage to be complex without being interesting - a common problem in today's yoot.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if they were "stoned", "high on pot", or "rinsed off their floppy on garble cigarettes". Trouble is, I suspect their drug of choice is something a bit more innocuous like camomile or Mentadent P.

All that compression... sheesh. This morning I was listening to Dusty Springfield's version of "I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself". It has to be the least compressed record ever. It's so dynamic it's pretty much unbearable. Poor old Dusty sounds like she's tilted right off the rails. At the peak of her intensity I had to switch it off. She really did sound like she didn't know what to do with herself, and neither did I.

But I blame myself for not being able to listen to that, whereas I blame the Polyphonic Spree for not being able to listen to them.

I've heard The Mysterians name-checked many times but haven't heard them. Where's a good place to start?

Originally posted by Pantone247
thats what getting about 8 different people to double track a simple lead vocal will do

I can't help thinking if the band was a four piece, like strip it right down to the rthym sction some guiatar, keys and harmonies and a bit of brass, it would be a kick ass indie pop album of good tunes.

still seeing them live might be a "groovy" "trip" if you were "high" on "pot"

or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back